Author Topic: Resposibility and Honesty  (Read 5023 times)

Garile

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Some people forget it's a game.
    • View Profile
Re: Resposibility and Honesty
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2007, 07:34:23 pm »
This thread's been filled with people saying they'd reported the bug to gm's,

OK now you are simply twisting the truth. People have looked at the bugtracker and commented that indeed it was mentioned there, but it was found after a lot of search and it was not reported there several times. Also I can't recall forumposts before Eids actions. The only posts I saw about ruining the community were after and ABOUT Eids actions.

And if some people have send a PM aswell would that matter? If Eid didn't know that when he did what he did that can't be a reason now can it? That is hindsight argumentation at best.
Join the oldest cause.
Characters: Meriner(dead), Garile(dead), Yayelle, Ruicho, Almada

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2007, 07:36:54 pm »
Several of us on the team have already admit that we should have been more on top of things - but don't anybody even dare to say that the players who knew about this bug did absolutely everything they could to make sure it gets attention, before Eid did his little stunt. We're a group of 10-15 people with tons to do - it's very easy to lose track of things, and we are looking into ways of making sure this does not happen again. However, Suno, do not under any circumstance play the "this was done because we did all we could beforehand" card.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2007, 07:39:20 pm »
I'm not using the word "we." I've only heard about this from forum posts. Now, I'm going to go look at a few posts and link them back here, before anyone starts up again with the "this is the only post about this issue" crap.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2007, 07:40:05 pm »
I'm talking about threads reporting this bug before it was "let loose Eid-style on the world." Find me one :)

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2007, 07:43:23 pm »
http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=27406.0
http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=27385.0 (relating more toward the wipe instead of Eid, but Eid isn't the only topic of discussion)
http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=27383.0
http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=27417.0 (note Karyuu's reply, there are more to be found.)

These were just from general discussion, relating to both the wipe and Eid. Go read some of the replies to this thread too. I've read at least 3 posts where people have said they've reported this to GM's, one even said he taught the GM how to do it him/her self. I'm going to keep looking for more.

And Karyuu, I'll find it. :P

Akaye

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Thread head that loves Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2007, 07:45:52 pm »
Quote from: Suno_Regin
This thread's been filled with people saying they'd reported the bug to gm's,

For the record this bug was NEVER reported to me in game or on the forums. Last week I was around planeshift quite abit, just before Eid's banning. Then I had internet problems. Where were all these reports and concerns about this bug? ..... or was everyone to busy filling up their pockets with trias/items and then when the wipe came got mad and needed something to crab about?

Zorbels: PS character
Links for Newbies:
Players Guide RP Guide PS Settings

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2007, 07:47:29 pm »
Suno: That GM was me, and those threads have nothing to do with what you said - that there have been forum posts "reporting" this bug. You're not going to find any because there were none. Take my word for it, I live around here ;)

Gwinn: We are human beings. We are not machines, nor are we paid to smile all the time. We do break down after repeated stress, and this is definitely one such episode. To expect us to interact with players and yet at the same time maintain a 100% peace is very unrealistic.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 07:49:39 pm by Karyuu »

Gwinn Ravenn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gwinn (ravenn) Frawd
    • View Profile
    • Sapere Magi current events web page
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2007, 07:47:39 pm »
No, not at all. I do get what you are saying. I also realize his behavior has caused more aggravation to an issue than good. But riding in on a white horse. NO. ;) Simply one player attempting to defuse hostility. This thread began with a very productive discussion. That soon degraded into personal attack.
My comments have not defended any one particular viewpoint, other than what I can identify as the one common thread in all of them. Each side feel they are shown disrespect by the other. I am however of the opinion that the PS staff is held to higher standards when addressing any topic, as is often the case with anyone in an official position.
I have not expressed what I do and do not agree with regarding anyones position, nor do I intend to. Except for this.

Suno, If Eid can accept the fact that he was banned then so should you. My character was Hosed In a big way when he was banned. regardless of how I feel of what happened. IT happened. The facts are out there now, in all their ugliness. Those who are in a position to make changes must be given the opportunities to do so. So I think perhapps at this point it is time to observe, the time to act has come and gone.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 07:55:18 pm by Gwinn Ravenn »

Garile

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2007, 07:49:05 pm »
after, after, after, after the act. Eid had no way of knowing of any of those as far as you know. And even if he did it's still no exuse. Although I am not saying any of them are lying the bugtracker is objective proof of how many times it was reported there. Also the several mentions seems to in many threads be the same one person.

It also doesn't mention, exept for one, when they mentioned it. Devs aren't magicians and fixing something takes time. Actually asking a dev why it's taking so much time before going Rambo on us isn't to much to ask.

*edit*
If I'm not mistaken this is the same "reporting" that Eid already mentioned. And again after the events. Find one that was actually posted before hand.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 07:55:54 pm by Garile »
Join the oldest cause.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2007, 07:51:04 pm »
It sounds to me like people are suggesting that the devs are lazy for not fixing bugs. I don't think this is the case. Let me clarify how I feel, and I suspect many others feel the same way.

Eid's actions were against the rules of Planeshift, but he did it for the purpose of pressuring the devs to fix the duplication bug. I personally reported the bug in early December, demonstrating to a GM in-game exactly how to duplicate practically any item. The GM followed my simple instructions, and was able to duplicate items, and saw how amazingly simple it was. We both agreed that, since it was so simple a process, many others would soon discover the bug by accident just as I did, and then the PS economy would be destroyed. Our predictions proved true, as over the next few weeks, I noticed more and more characters suddenly becoming overnight millionaires. The economy of PS was destroyed weeks ago.

During these two months, the bug was not fixed... but several models of helmets were added. The light glyph was added, though it isn't usable without using an exploit to raise Crystal Way. Vortex glyph was added, along with a flashy but useless spell. Mind glyph was added, with no apparent spell. More glyphs were added. Then more monsters were added to the already packed arena!

We were watching more and more features being added to PS instead of this horrible bug getting fixed. It was obvious that the devs were not lazy, but rather focusing on adding things more than fixing things.

24 hours after Eid's escapade, the duplication bug was fixed. A few hours after that, the mini-wipe got rid of most of the ill-gotten gains from the bug. Now, I see more people mining again, and looting rogues and gladiators again. Things seem to finally be back to normal, and the economy back on track. Thank you, Eid, for making it clear to the GMs and devs how serious this bug was, and thank you devs for fixing the bug and doing the wipe.

-Roahn

Posting as I find them. Garile, how many reports in bugtracker were there? And according to the person I quoted, why didn't that GM report the bug to a dev and have it fixed right away? December, remember.

Also, needless to say, Eid reported this bug too. That makes two, looking for more. I'm just going by quotes of people saying they did, and eventually one that may have been posted before-hand. If you want to whine at someone, whine at the people claiming they made these reports. I'm not a GM, I don't know what they did or did not do to fix these things, all I go by is quotes.

[ Edited for language. --Karyuu ]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 07:24:25 pm by Karyuu »

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2007, 07:54:31 pm »
Can you at least comment on what you are trying to accomplish with the quotes?

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2007, 07:59:12 pm »
Ok, you tell me to find one quote about this bug being reported before-hand. Why are you now asking me what my purpose is? You should know already. They may not be specifically forum posts, but I have run across a few posts of people mentioning reporting this bug before-hand. Talk to them, not to me.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2007, 08:02:23 pm »
I told you to find reports about this bug on the forum, not quotes of it being reported beforehand. Just so we're clear.

I am giving this thread one last chance, and I am very serious. Either it gets productive and constructive, or it gets to wave bye-bye.

Garile

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2007, 08:03:43 pm »
the proper channels to get this issue resolved were taken, and ignored

Doesn't mention he did it. As I read his posts I believe he talking about Roahns report in the first place.

Suno: That GM was me, and those threads have nothing to do with what you said - that there have been forum posts "reporting" this bug. You're not going to find any because there were none. Take my word for it, I live around here ;)

There is no dispute it was reported that one time.
Join the oldest cause.

Gwinn Ravenn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gwinn (ravenn) Frawd
    • View Profile
    • Sapere Magi current events web page
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2007, 08:04:11 pm »
reposting the following

Suno, If Eid can accept the fact that he was banned then so should you. My character was Hosed In a big way when he was banned. regardless of how I feel of what happened. IT happened. The facts are out there now, in all their ugliness. Those who are in a position to make changes must be given the opportunities to do so. So I think perhapps at this point it is time to observe, the time to act has come and gone.