Author Topic: new combat style  (Read 7719 times)

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: new combat style
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2007, 05:53:54 pm »
Hi everyone.  I know that this seems like a long post, but I’ve made my points using very few words.  It's actually a very quick read.  I encourage you to read through this if you want more insight into what the other side of the argument really is.

I miss the old PS generation and you know who you are, whoever is left, anyway.

You are not the old PS generation.  I've been here for two years and I'm not even a part of the old PS generation.

Note to the Pro-RP-Only crowd…

I'm anything but a Pro-RP-Only person.  I duel a lot, like I said in my earlier posts.  And I fully embrace the new system.

Ver 03018 has taken the very STRENGTH of PS, the absolutely FANTASTIC mobile combat...

The strength of PS is its emphasis on roleplaying.  Dueling is a relatively new thing to PS.

ANYONE that wants to learn the basics of dueling shoot me a /tell in game anytime, and i'll gladly teach you.

I duel a lot and I’m good at it.  I also hated the style of hit and run dueling, I found it horribly OOC.

Hit and run attacks are lame.  It's cheating for all the reasons I've given in my other posts:  You're exploiting certain mechanics of the game to bypass other mechanics of the game.  And it's not "realistic", not even slightly.

Cebot is a fantastic RPer and one of the top duelists.

Cebot is anything but a fantastic RPer.  He just goes around challenging people and then he calls them a coward in /shout when they decline.  He's annoying.  Even more annoying than I am.

I think whats at play is laziness…

The RPers know how to duel.

This new system has solved one problem and replaced it with another one: There is a lack of skill now, when it comes to dueling, and that was it's biggest promoter, the skill needed to be good.

This new problem of yours is not a problem at all.  The overpowering influence of OOC player skill WAS the problem, and now it's been greatly reduced.

There was always the OOC /tell good duel.

Crap like that is disruptive to the in-character atmosphere.  If you want to tell them something, just stand over their body and say "Well fought, friend." or something.

It is unfortunate, Dueling will become pawnage rather than a sport/art form.

Art?  You mean having the best ping?

This current system ignores player skills, but emphasizes player's luck.

Not true.  "Luck" is determined by the skills of your character.  It's only right for the chances between two equally matched characters to be 50-50.

GET rid of Venge's Crap and Revert back to the old system, done.

You mean like when there was no combat in the game at all, and people just stood around and chatted with one another?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 05:56:43 pm by zanzibar »
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Roahn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2007, 05:56:44 pm »
We could have 100 people scream to revert it back, and it wouldn't happen.

But lets proove that the vast majority of people want it reverted:
http://www.petitiononline.com/PSDuel/petition.html
~~Datruth

<sarcasm>
Ooh, wow! That's proof! FIVE people signed it!
</sarcasm>

Ya, five people plus you throwing insults at everyone that disagrees with your point of view will surely make things happen. Not.

-Roahn

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2007, 05:57:35 pm »
These changes happened because players asked for them to happen.  The devs did this because they are listening to us, not because they're ignoring us.
Immaturity is FTW.

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
  • "You can't Squeeze Blood from a stone."
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2007, 05:59:27 pm »
Dude Zanzibar, you don't even know cebot.

You almost NEVER log on, and never talk to the community.

And yet you say cebot's annoying.... where do you get this from?

You've lost all credibility in my eyes bro.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And roahn, it just opened right now, in 1 minute 5 sigs, don't act like a n00b.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Quote from: svuun
I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2007, 06:00:26 pm »
Five signatures and they are already being faked? That's awesome :) We will definitely give in to your demands now that we know you're serious! Gee golly!
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

drah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2007, 06:00:55 pm »
As much as I signed it... because I do prefer the old system, I can't stand by DaTruth's posts..

I think the changes are a mistake... but we're likely to achieve more towards fixing the issues the update has caused by being polite and clearly explaining things...

Harassing them endlessly may achieve something BUT being rude or offensive will not.  So just keep complaining... and complaining... and complaining... but don't sink to insults or rudeness... it will NOT add any credibility to our argument.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 06:02:34 pm by drah »

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2007, 06:02:16 pm »
Five signatures and they are already being faked? That's awesome :) We will definitely give in to your demands now that we know you're serious! Gee golly!

Lol who faked?

What is wrong with that thing sitting above your shoulders karyuu.
Did your parents teach you nothing but how to lie?
Who faked?

God, sometimes you just irratate me to death. :thumbdown:

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2007, 06:04:35 pm »
Maybe you should go read the signatures :)

Look, if you want to have something done, stop being a jackass.

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2007, 06:05:14 pm »
Roahn we know you have no love lost for Datruth but being sarcastic like that is just being an idiot an ruining the thread.

Let's stick to discussing the topic not everyone picking at each others throats like morons.

@Kary that's my sig it was a test because my first attempt was denied.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 06:07:21 pm by Gharan »

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2007, 06:06:56 pm »
Maybe you should go read the signatures :)

Look, if you want to have something done, stop being a jackass.

THAT'S GHARAN!!!!

I told him to go sign it, and he signed it as that, cause he was busy, If you don't belive me ask him yourself.

Don't accuse people and start making up Stuff karyuu.

You could have just simply asked, whose that, and gharan would have told you right away, me, him, and chaz are on msn right now, laughing our asses off at you.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2007, 06:08:41 pm »
Dude Zanzibar, you don't even know cebot.

Yes I do.
Immaturity is FTW.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2007, 06:09:13 pm »
Because of course you can sign as anything you want with a petition and still say that it's credible! lollerskates! :)

A lot of people have made really good points in this thread (thank you!) but others just have their heads stuck where the sun don't shine. And it's a real pity.

Roahn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2007, 06:09:37 pm »
I duel a lot and I’m good at it.  I also hated the style of hit and run dueling, I found it horribly OOC.

You duel a lot? I have been playing for over a year, and I have never seen you practice in the DR. I have seen you duel two noobies one time, long ago, and both times, you used potions to boost your stats.

You say you are good at dueling? I found two threads here in the forums about two of your duels. In one, you lost to a weaker character named Quittaa who killed you with only magic, and you called her a cheater for killing you with magic:
http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=23387.0

In the second, you fought Drahlian. She hit you five times with her Silverweaves, each one a killing blow to one not hopped up on potions, before you finally got in one hit with you dagger, doing super-human strength due to potions:
http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=23388.0

I'm just curious what you compare yourself to when you say you duel "a lot" and that you are good at it...

-Roahn

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2007, 06:11:32 pm »
Yeah Zanz I seen you noob challenging a few days ago on the Plaza yet when someone your level approached for one you quickly disappeared.

and btw I'm not trying to argue in anyway i'm just very disappointed in the new system that is all.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 06:13:16 pm by Gharan »

chazarus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2007, 06:12:34 pm »

You duel a lot? I have been playing for over a year, and I have never seen you practice in the DR. I have seen you duel two noobies one time, long ago, and both times, you used potions to boost your stats.

You say you are good at dueling? I found two threads here in the forums about two of your duels. In one, you lost to a weaker character named Quittaa who killed you with only magic, and you called her a cheater for killing you with magic:
http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=23387.0

In the second, you fought Drahlian. She hit you five times with her Silverweaves, each one a killing blow to one not hopped up on potions, before you finally got in one hit with you dagger, doing super-human strength due to potions:
http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=23388.0

I'm just curious what you compare yourself to when you say you duel "a lot" and that you are good at it...

-Roahn

;D

THATS HILARIOUS
If you see me in game please duel me so i can kill you...