Author Topic: magic is weak  (Read 3340 times)

Quq Leque

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • www.thewarriorsguild.nl
Re: magic is weak
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2008, 06:04:53 am »
Also you dont have to report missing effects on the bug tracker we know they are not there. No major work has happened on spell effects in a few years.

ok, noted. btw i'm a fan of the way magic as a whole is set up in game, just needs some .... adjusting :)

Erisnas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2008, 06:07:16 pm »
Lucasjung, pretty good summary there.  It essentially stated what I agreed with so far.  One thing that I personally do get annoyed about is the spell "Life Infusion" which heals the player or targeted player.  This spell would almost seem to be overpowered to me, at least in a few certain ways.  The first is that it is obtained from a quest that is almost always one of the first ones done by new players, and thus everyone has it. The second is that instantly after acquiring it and preparing it (purify, put it in the glyph bag, etc.), anyone can use it as it doesn't require any skill levels in the Crystal Way (I believe that it works at 0 although most have atleast 1 to start with). Third, it often isn't fast enough for use during combat which I agree with, but most have enough mana for even a player with less than 4 hours of play can easily heal a good 60% of their health. 

With a combination of these three things the result is fairly annoying.  Since it is essentially one of the few useful spells it is depressing to see what little useful things a mage can do performed by even the most uneducated person (in-game I am sure they are not uneducated in their actual life).  Unfortunately the only way to get the spell more useful isn't available until level 80 in the crystal way.  I am not sure how this would be balanced but it just seems that this spell is way to powerful for how you gain access to it.

Kerol

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Assets > Asshats
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2008, 10:54:22 pm »
One thing that I personally do get annoyed about is the spell "Life Infusion" which heals the player or targeted player.
Definitely too powerful.  :woot: When I tried to heal myself with this after I boosted all my stats to 5000 I killed myself instead!   ::|

retired GM leader

Prolix

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2008, 12:08:37 am »
That must have really bugged you. At least when you exited the DR you had 2500 health! 2500 health in one shot is not too shabby, in a round about way...

Kerol

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Assets > Asshats
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2008, 06:02:40 pm »
Me exiting the DR through the portal.. what a strange thought   ::|
I don't need that stupid curse :P

retired GM leader