Author Topic: Gugrontid Blockade  (Read 5571 times)

Shadow1490

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Gugrontid Blockade
« on: March 22, 2008, 09:58:03 pm »
Firstly if this is in the wrong place I apologize.
Secondly if the blockade in question just dissolved on its own and I'm simply misinformed I apoligize.

But if I was correct why activily remove it in an out of game/RP fashion? If it was an in-game/RP method then I apogize and just stop reading here.
1. It was interesting: It made for a change and gave characters a challenge.
2. It wasn't like a player who didn't want to have anything to do with it couldn't just walk through it.
3. I'm annoyed because my character had just made a plan to try and slip through it.

Alright then and if I was wrong for any reason I once again profusely apologize.
Optimists are just cynics waiting to happen.

potatoehead64

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Multiply Blog Page
Re: Gugrontid Blockade
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 02:35:33 am »
Firstly if this is in the wrong place I apologize.
Secondly if the blockade in question just dissolved on its own and I'm simply misinformed I apoligize.

But if I was correct why activily remove it in an out of game/RP fashion? If it was an in-game/RP method then I apogize and just stop reading here.
1. It was interesting: It made for a change and gave characters a challenge.
2. It wasn't like a player who didn't want to have anything to do with it couldn't just walk through it.
3. I'm annoyed because my character had just made a plan to try and slip through it.

Alright then and if I was wrong for any reason I once again profusely apologize.

I think this was an in game RP situation. I was there and it was pretty disorganised, so I went mining instead.

neko kyouran

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 05:57:36 am »
to properly understand the validity of the complaint, you must first describe what happened in detail.

Velh Krome

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 07:35:59 am »
I would love to have some summary either o/

Considering these screenshots though, and (unreasonedly) presuming a big part of the people are Outlaws - Did the Outlaws sort of stampede Gugrontid? Had the few guards simply no chance to stand? If so, what will be the consequences? Will the Octarchy generally enforce and increase numbers of guards in towns now? Will the Octarchy take actions to make sure citizens are safe?

=P

(Sorry for being offtopic =x)

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Want to know the truth now?
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 01:15:20 pm »
I would love to have some summary either o/

Considering these screenshots though, and (unreasonedly) presuming a big part of the people are Outlaws - Did the Outlaws sort of stampede Gugrontid? Had the few guards simply no chance to stand? If so, what will be the consequences? Will the Octarchy generally enforce and increase numbers of guards in towns now? Will the Octarchy take actions to make sure citizens are safe?

=P

(Sorry for being offtopic =x)

From what I know most people where disguised as to keep themselves from being known. Those who were not disguised or able to hide their identies know the consequnces and know they shouldn't be setting foot in the city less they want to be punished with death. The attack was oocly designed to fail and it did so ingame as well so I doubt there would be much care from the octarch but I don't speak for him :P
Saggi Lezeheso, The Whisper's Jest
Demoik and Rioqura, The Immortal Harrow
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza Darkom, Slayer of Kittens

Shadow1490

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 08:21:00 am »
 :oops: My apologies about this issue. What I had heard is that the entire thing had been shut down by the GMs which was the complaint. Know of course I've recieved some correcting information. Sorry about this. :oops:
Optimists are just cynics waiting to happen.

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 10:09:06 am »
The GM's never actually stepped and told us to stop. I got a /tell telling me  I should get onto IRC because the talk about it was bad and once I did this and everyone started to blow things outta proportion, we all kinda backed off and stopped everything so that we could sort this out. However I do know a lot of the bandits involved are still out on BD road one pillaging/robbing/charing tolls/and just whatever so do be careful if you walk out there alone ;)

I think we had a few misunderstandings when we started and things kinda fell though on the last minute to me and I really only had the basic idea of what was to go down. I did not realize the Hydlaa Guards would get involved. that was the whole point of taking Gugrontid, and I also was willing to be punished for anything if I got caught by the players, because it was a player event created to have fun and spark role play, (mainly on the BD roads). My only hope is that at least some of you had a tiny bit of fun, I know I had blast up until I got on IRC ;). And yes, I'd do it all over again, The PvP was a bit messed up but I think it will always be like that in big events, we do the best we can, but I do *KNOW* that most of you were dying to use the skills and stats you spend hours and days training up. The good guys WANTED to be able to fight too and defend the city. thats all we wanted here, was to give people a break from mining and training 24/7. So I hope at least one other person had fun. ;)

Also..Izzabella is cunning...she's already figured a way out of her crime...the only thing she committed was kidnapping ( I was WAY to busying in OOC tells and such to do any duels xD and I was trying to get the role play aspect of the event going and not just PvP as well) And only one person that was kidnapped was there against their IC will, the rest were all decoys and just pretending. So don't worry people Izzy's not going anywhere, she's not helping to lead the outlaws cause she's dumb ;) You will see her around still. and I look forward to all the RP this event has sparked.

Oh one more thing..I really like how the Outlaws are getting all the credit for this event..when it was all the *cough* Fallen Kingdom *cough* that set this whole thing up!
* Izzabella runs off and hides from Xeonart

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 11:32:56 am »
Oh one more thing..I really like how the Outlaws are getting all the credit for this event..when it was all the *cough* Fallen Kingdom *cough* that set this whole thing up!
* Izzabella runs off and hides from Xeonart
'

Shh, your not supposed to tell  ;)
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Eila

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 01:32:50 pm »
> Shh, your not supposed to tell  ;)

Tell what? You speak as if it were a secret. Izzy only re-confirms what -we- already knew.

@Izzy
Why, why, why is it that most beleive that the defense of Gugrontid was carried out by "good people'?
Good people often dislike the structure and nastyness required to put up such a defense.
We need to have a serious discussion about the difference between:
good vs evil
... and ...
evil vs darkness

@all (officially labelled the Pest Control Brigade)
Kaylain salutes all those, be they evil or good, that challenged the fog of war.
The criminals will be caught.

Also, i'm organizing some group-assist duels (composed of teams of 3 or 5 players each) in order to conduct and succeed at skirmish warfare on a medium scale.
The goal is not to roleplay mass-killings, we have a duty: to protect Yliakum's cities at any cost.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 09:45:31 am by Eila »

Piker

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 01:58:58 pm »
I was there at the time of the event, and while i applaud you for your effort in trying to organise a player event on this scale, it was something that i ended up having to walk away from.

My big issue with it, was the mass of ooc shouts. I understand it must take a lot of organising, but /shout'ing bracketed ooc instructions was really quite disruptive to me.

On a side note, i found it imposible to tell who were the good and bad. Missing labels made it more difficult that i imagine it would have been if they had been visible.

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 02:20:16 pm »
On a side note, i found it imposible to tell who were the good and bad. Missing labels made it more difficult that i imagine it would have been if they had been visible.

Think about it like it would happen in real life. You walk onto a war scene, for whatever reason, and you see a bunch of people fighting. Not going to be easy to tell who are the 'good' and 'bad' guys. There doesn't have to even be a good or bad team. That would most likely be how the situation would happen in real life so consider how'd you'd rp when that was how it works.
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 03:06:42 pm »
yes I know there was problems, we had lots of confusion and I could not get anyone to tell me who was leading the defending side, so I had to shout to get people attention. at one point I was told the good guys were walking away and not doing it cause my guys did not have on auto accept I stooped it to sort this out, there was so much lag for some of them that if they had that on by the time they knew who challenged them they'd be dead, my main thing was just to be sure everyone was accepting duels, I did not want to hear about declining. and it is increadbly hard to please everyone ;)

and oh my gosh! I knew you were still around!!

To be honest guys that part of the RP is over we can't do anything about it, there was a take-over of the kran city, and we were run out and the city was safe again.

Now part two of our plans have already begin, we can't fix how we messed up the take over, we knew and planed on losing. its its all good, and now all we can do is learn from our mistakes and keep going.

I look forward to RPing with you all in game

Piker

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 03:50:03 pm »
Think about it like it would happen in real life. You walk onto a war scene, for whatever reason, and you see a bunch of people fighting. Not going to be easy to tell who are the 'good' and 'bad' guys. There doesn't have to even be a good or bad team. That would most likely be how the situation would happen in real life so consider how'd you'd rp when that was how it works.

Sorry, i wasn't really having a go at the lack of labels, more really the lack of being able to tell who was who.

How i saw it was that i could see the "bad" guys standing on top of the 2 towers. I could also see a mob below, which i assumed were the friendly mob coming to the rescue. However i found it impossible to tell where the chat was coming from. Seeing a bunch of "someones" trading insults doesn't help the rp. Also it made it very difficult to follow any meaningfull conversation, as all the somenes appear to talk at once, making it impossible to tell who was replying to what.

While it's more realistic than seeing the authors name before the chat comment, it really didn't help in this situation at all. In real life i would very quickly tune to certain voices and be able to to tell who roughly they were coming from, and also i would be able to recognise that voice later on if i heard it again perhaps.

Here's an example from the event, taken from my logs. Slightly edited to remove guildchat, /tells etc.

(21:04:29) Someone says: [yes]
(21:04:36) Someone says: [okies Izzy]
(21:04:37) Someone says: [you will have to find out IC when it starts]
(21:04:37) Someone says: [sorry]
(21:04:38) Someone says: [auto-accept for duels?]
(21:04:44) Someone says: [yes for duels]
((21:04:53) Someone says: [there WILL be fighting eventually]
(21:05:32) Someone says: [do you all have a group?]
(21:05:36) Someone says: There will be fighting when Edath shows up !!!!
(21:05:51) Someone says: oh ... wait .. Edath can't fight
(21:05:54) >Marthron Decksar takes a seat.
(21:05:58) Someone says: nevermind
(21:05:59) >Marthron Decksar stands up.
(21:06:22) Someone says: [if your on the bad side..and you need
 an invite tell me xD Izzabella ]
(21:07:47) Someone says: [and thanks to those that introed]
(21:07:51) Someone inoocently asks: what is going on?
(21:07:53) Someone says: [lol who's shaking behind Maulus xD]
(21:07:57) >Mordaan greets Zetsumei.
(21:07:59) Auction from Someone: Buying platinum ore. 1k each. [Muday]
(21:08:43) Someone feels a wet warn liquid travel down one leg
(21:08:45) Someone says: ooer
(21:09:13) >Hulla greets Akashani.
(21:09:49) >Grizzlyus greets Perlan Cernun.
(21:10:07) >Zetsumei greets everyone.
(21:10:40) Someone shouts: [okay people if you're here cause you've here for the event you need to stop acting OOC and do something in town that your char would NORAMLY be doing here...if your on the good side you probaly dont know about what is about to happen!!! so go do something!]
(21:12:19) Someone shouts: [and put auto accept on--and rember you still will have to send a challenge itts not gonan be an open PvP]
(21:14:10) Someone shouts: *yells madly*
(21:14:55) Someone shouts: SO WILL WE SEEK DEMISE BY BORING EACH OTHER TO DEATH??!!
(21:15:21) Someone shouts: [TURN ON AUTO ACCEPT DUEL]
(21:17:50) Someone shouts: alright you miners! drop your picks!
(21:18:00) Someone shouts: this is war!
((21:19:11) Someone shouts: STOP put down your weapons!!!
(21:19:54) Someone shouts: I DONT WANNA DIE!
(21:20:06) Someone shouts: /me screams
(21:20:07) >Zetsumei takes a seat.
(21:20:26) Someone shouts: ahhhhhh
(21:21:02) Someone shouts: i'll give you anything PLEASE!
(21:21:08) Someone shouts: FIGHT!!
(21:21:36) Someone shouts: attention citizins of Gugrontid!!
(21:22:18) Someone shouts: My name is Izzabella and I am taking over this city of stone!
(21:22:41) Someone shouts: get out If you want to live!
(21:22:42) Someone shouts: I have hostages and I am NOT afraid to kill them!
(21:22:52) Someone shouts: GO AHEAD!
(21:22:57) Someone shouts: please!!! stop!!!!
(21:23:03) Someone shouts: I WANT TO LIVE!
(21:23:11) Someone shouts: Don't let me die!!
(21:23:11) Someone shouts: SOMEONE HELP!
(21:23:12) Someone shouts: NEVER!!!
(21:23:21) Someone shouts: I am not afraid to shed innocent life for the gain of my power!
(21:23:32) Someone scratches his head
(21:23:48) Someone shouts: swords for hire...
(21:23:57) Someone says: [looks like this is a waste of time]
(21:23:58) Someone shouts: does anyone want to negotate with me?
(21:23:58) Someone shouts: YOu are only someone
(21:24:06) Someone shouts: PLEASE DON'T KILL US!
(21:24:10) Someone says: ooer
(21:24:38) Someone says: methinks time to leave
 this place
(21:24:44) Someone shouts: PLEASE!! DON'T!!!!!!!!!
(21:24:59) Someone shouts: SPARE US!!!
(21:25:01) Someone says: hehe, who is your target?
(21:25:18) Someone shouts: SPARE ME!!!!! I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG!!!!!!!!
(21:25:21) Someone shouts: Heeelllppp
(21:25:28) Someone shouts: [uhh guy your skipping the RP part of the event..stop fighting yet!}
((21:25:34) Someone shouts: *guys
(21:25:41) Someone says: yup
(21:25:52) Someone rolls his finger at his head and looks at the crowd
(21:25:57) Someone shouts: STOP!! PLEASE!!!!
(21:26:24) Someone shouts: stop it!!
(21:26:28) Someone shouts: does anyone dare to negoate with me? or you hand this city of stone over to me and my gang?
(21:26:55) Someone shouts: charge!
(21:27:18) Someone shouts: stop!
(21:27:27) Someone shouts: MOve and they die!
(21:27:31) Someone shouts: my name is Izzabella and I am going to take over this city!
(21:27:44) Someone shouts: help me someone please,I'm a hostage
(21:27:46) Someone shouts: [stop fighitng! you have this is suposed to start as a RP evetn first!]
(21:27:56) Someone shouts: we have hostages and we are not afraid to kill them!
(21:28:06) Someone says: and who are you to claim it?!
(21:28:11) Someone shouts: I don't care who I have to kill to make you people listen!
(21:28:14) Someone shouts: boring!
(21:28:16) Someone shouts: PLEASE HELP!!!! I've not done anything wrong!!!!!!
(21:41:42) Someone shouts: help me help me help me

I'll skip a bit to near the end...

(21:41:58) Someone shouts: [I dont care if you have auto accept on or whatever but if are you challenged then you MUST accept]
(21:42:42) Someone shouts: [STOP!]
(21:42:50) Someone shouts: [SHUT THE TRUCK UP EVERYONE]
(21:43:12) >Mordaan greets Maanahr Ilde.
(21:43:18) Someone shouts: [wait! stop!]
(21:43:21) >Maanahr Ilde greets Mordaan.
(21:43:26) Someone sighs "i'll be in the bar..."
(21:43:34) Someone says: ditto
(21:43:39) Someone shouts: Screams to her death
(21:44:01) Someone shouts: HOW COULD YOU!?!?!?!????
(21:44:23) Someone shouts: Easy, all I had to do was push her.
((21:44:53) Someone shouts: HOW COULD YOU BE SO CRUEL??????
(21:45:16) Someone shouts: Come on...don't fight...let's leave peaceful life on this world
(21:45:31) Someone shouts: [stop EVENT paused!}
(21:45:38) Someone shouts: leave each other a long
(21:45:51) Someone shouts: [ok]
(21:45:53) Someone shouts: [we have run into a problem and stop!}
(21:46:03) Someone shouts: [Izzy, what is it?]
(21:46:03) Someone shouts: stop
(21:46:05) Someone shouts: [what problem be that?]
(21:46:07) Someone shouts: [lack of realism?]
(21:46:22) Someone shouts: [okay I dont care if you have auto accept on or off..but if challenged you HAVE To accept!!!}
(21:46:37) Someone shouts: [a gm is on]
(21:46:38) Someone shouts: We want peace!!!!!
(21:46:41) Someone shouts: We want peace!!!!!
(21:46:42) Someone shouts: {I can't make everyone do..some are lagging to bad and they need to knwo who is after you]
(21:46:43) Someone shouts: We want peace!!!!!
(21:46:45) Someone shouts: We want peace!!!!!
(21:46:47) Someone shouts: [and why cant i kil ??? whats this crap]
(21:46:49) Someone shouts: {GM's ahve nothing to do with thie event]
(21:46:53) Someone shouts: We want peace!!!!!
(21:46:55) Someone shouts: we what pease
(21:46:59) Someone shouts: We want peace!!!!!
(21:47:03) Someone shouts: we what pease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(21:47:03) Someone shouts: We want peace!!!!!
(21:47:04) Someone shouts: we what pease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(21:47:05) Someone shouts: we what pease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(21:47:06) Someone shouts: We want peace!!!!!
(21:47:08) Someone shouts: We want peace!!!!!
(21:47:10) Someone shouts: we what pease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(21:47:10) Someone shouts: We want peace!!!!!
(21:47:11) Someone shouts: you said we should have one izzy]
(21:47:13) Someone shouts: We want peace!!!!!
(21:47:19) Someone shouts: KILL THE SPAMMER
(21:47:35) Someone shouts: we what pease!!!
(21:48:48) Someone shouts: [Kaerli STOP!}
(21:48:58) Someone shouts: [a frontal clash of the armies would be more realistic, by the way how did you manage to penetrate the city defenses, you just placed yourself inside an rped a raid?]
(21:49:15) Someone shouts: [PAUSE STOP KILLING!}
(21:49:31) Someone shouts: [I AM OUT OF THIS CRAP]
((21:49:42) Someone shouts: /me waves off and laughs "YOU WILL COME DOWN...AND WHEN YOU DO....."
(21:49:55) Someone shouts: RETREAT!
(21:49:56) Someone shouts: [I'm confused here, everyone needs to accept challenges = ought to be obvious]
(21:50:11) Someone shouts: [shout Kaerli we were PAUSED]
(21:50:16) Someone shouts: RUN!
(21:50:23) Someone shouts: retreat!
(21:51:27) Someone shouts: [i expected a better event. what a waste.]
(21:51:53) Someone shouts: [this sucks grand scale]
(21:52:49) Someone shouts: We want peace!!!
((21:54:04) Someone shouts: We want peace!!!

This log isn't intended to embarrass anyone, it's only as an example of how confusing it can be when your character doesn't know many people. Also i didn't seem to be able to /introduce myself to anyone that day either possible compounding my issues. If anyone (someone ;)) has a problem with their name in this log (I don't think there are many), let me know and i'll remove them.

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 04:29:35 pm »
Yes I have said MANY times things went haywire when we were in the city.  I had some trouble getting the event started I wanted to ask the leader of the defenders questions and get you guys in a bit OOC group as well but no one would tell me who was leading you all so I could not contact them then they could tell you all in your OOC group, however it did not work that way. so I had to work with what I could.

and all those 'someone ooc shouts were not me! lol

and if you'd stayed around it seemed many more had more fun once the retreat was called and we pulled back..

and yes I agree the someone was pain in the butt xD lucky I had most of you intro'ed on me ;)

anyways can we stop compiling about it already? most of us had fun and the RP that it intended to spark afterwards has been accomplished. We know mistakes where made, we learned a great deal from this trust me.

Jeraphon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 08:42:09 pm »
I believe I speak for everyone when I say that I, too, what pease.