Author Topic: Monthly Market  (Read 3571 times)

Aturon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Monthly Market
« on: May 03, 2008, 11:51:49 am »
I Recently spoke to Master Zwenze from the Way of the Hammers and we discussed about how we could make it easier for all the Citicents of Yliakum to visit the Market. To make it more comfortable to the hard digging Platinum Miners to spent their Trias the montlly Market will take place in the Gugrontid Tavern. It will start this Sunday as usual in the evening [at 1900 CET]

~~OOC~~
I hope that will be a better location, as the plaza. it seems to be very laggy for a lot of people and some could not even get there becaouse their machines could not handle that ammount of stress ;)

sorry for the short notice, i was very busy the last few days at work and was not at home most of the time, so i could not write that post anytime earlier.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 11:54:05 am by Aturon »

Taniquetil

• Hydlaa Resident
  • It's been real. It's been fun. It's been real fun.
    • View Profile
    • Zeitgeist (ty Sangwa)
Re: Monthly Market
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 12:05:21 pm »
OOC: Many thanks for the change in place, i tried to get into the last market and lagged out :(

IC: I just hope that Platinum won't be the only thing on sale ;)
"Only two things are really infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the former."             ~Albert Einstein

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 12:39:05 pm »
[Wasn't it the point of the market to make Hydlaa a more lively place? Catering to powerminers who can't be bothered to change maps just because then need to keep mining is a poor and very OOC reason to do this, but that's just me. If the hydlaa_plaza map is too laggy, why not move it to East Hydlaa? Anyway, these are just my own personal impressions, I really like the market idea and I hope it doesn't disappear after a few weeks/months. Best of luck.]

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 03:38:10 pm »
[I refuse to participate in this market in any way. It is a shame that roleplayers care about powerminers that spend their time in Gugrontid for the sake of platinum. I am deeply disappointed that such a nice idea is used in this way.]

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 03:50:49 pm »
[What's wrong with Akkaio?]

Velh Krome

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 03:57:53 pm »
Full ack - no Gugrontid for me, of reasons already given by Dajoji and Donari.

Deprah

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 03:58:10 pm »
[ I can't but agree with Dajoji and Donari here. What is the point on bringing the Market to the players? We keep complaining about how empty Hydlaa is most often and this approach seems to actually support the fact of everybody should stay at the mine and do nothing else.
I myself never cared about the monetary profit of such meetings but about the roleplay they can bring up, also considering new players (often dedicated miners) may be forced to roleplay their purchases as neither I or other traders will allow OOC sales, thus that may help to slowly get them into roleplaying as well..
Besides, I can't see how a tavern is a good place for a market. If I was the owner I'd probably grab a club and kick the butts of the merchants out of there. If the market is going to happen in Gugrontid I'd use the streets and have the tavern host the cultural/entertainment events. But no wonder, you won't find me there.
If the plaza is really a problem for most people then please reconsider it and take East Hydlaa as location. That will benefit the players and the game... ]

Velh Krome

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 04:01:34 pm »
Why kicking off the butts? Just have a profit .. say, plus 20% on each sale?;)
Seriously though, that idea feels to me pretty much like having it a trading thing, for the only reason to sell items, not to roleplay. Hence, no one of my chars will be around there.

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 04:12:36 pm »
[Ok. Let's keep input constructive. The Market is a great idea. There's room for both role play and player-player sales there. If someone doesn't find it of their liking then they are free to ignore it completely, but please avoid dismissive comments. No need to campaign against it. If they want to use other locations, fine, but it's better if they do it for IC reasons not just so miners don't have to stop mining. Having the market tour like a fair from city to city might be a better approach. I hope the event goes well, wherever it happens.]

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 04:19:11 pm »
[I am against the market tour idea. In fact, some have been gaining money by buying in Ojaveda and selling in Hydlaa at the market. That was a nice approach towards a real economy. Now, to constructive criticism. Why don't you use a guildhall in Hydlaa for your market? That'd reduce the lag and keep the market in Hydlaa.]

Velh Krome

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 05:00:30 pm »
[What about those many spots in Hydlaa, off the plaza? At the North gates.. some fountain-places between there and the plaza.. East..
Oja? Hm.. since thats the only place nowadays the cooked stuff is produced, I wouldnt really agree with that. A more distant location could show it to be a more valuabla stuff.
I just dont like to bring that market to Gugrontid where all the money-making is going on anyways - not to mention what Deprah said: A tavern to set up a market place? To me that makes not much sense, finally why I see it a bit as a rather OOCish solution]

GeirolfS

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 05:51:25 pm »
I like the market tour idea. Why not have monthly markets in several places?
You could have a market in Hydlaa on the first sunday of the month, in Gugrontid on the second, and in Ojaveda on the third. Or something like that.

Some characters would visit them all, and possibly make a profit by bying cheap at one place, and selling dear at another, but what about it? It spreads stuff around, and that's what matters. And you get to meet people...

Prolix

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 06:16:04 pm »
[It seems to me that merchants that go to where the money is are bound to make more money than those who say "customers be damned! this is where my shop is." Only those with unique products and/or quality can afford to sit and wait for the money to come in.
That said, it also seems likely that town officials would extract a cut of any dealings in their town and so the merchants would set up on the outskirts as opposed to inside someone else's establishment.]

Taniquetil

• Hydlaa Resident
  • It's been real. It's been fun. It's been real fun.
    • View Profile
    • Zeitgeist (ty Sangwa)
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 06:23:48 pm »
[I don't see a problem with having this market in Gugrontid, as long as it does not stay there. There was an idea that was taken into consideration on the other thread, which i believe they are taking into account now. The market can rotate from town to town. There was nothing said about making this change permanent. We can have it in Gugrontid this time, Akkaio next, then Hydlaa, etc. Plus, the main complaint is that this market will be a miner's paradise. Wrong. Prices will plummet because of the vicinity of the mine and supply will be much higher than demand.]
"Only two things are really infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the former."             ~Albert Einstein

Deprah

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 08:20:54 pm »
Plus, the main complaint is that this market will be a miner's paradise. Wrong. Prices will plummet because of the vicinity of the mine and supply will be much higher than demand.]
[ Not really, the main complaint (at least mine) is: Hydlaa is deserted. Besides, there is already a mining paradise, there is no need to enhance it by taking a market there. A touring monthly market means it will reach Hydlaa once every 3-4 months. I fail to see how would this help the life in the capital, which obviously should NOT be deserted.
Prolix has a point about the government taking a slice off the merchants so perhaps a good place could be the exit by East, outside the city walls. There is a lot of room there to set a market up. About merchants going where money is: that may make sense IC-wise but once again. I thought the main idea was to bring life to Hydlaa? ]