Author Topic: Reunion  (Read 3458 times)

Prolix

Re: Reunion
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 12:14:31 pm »
Go on wit you Parallo. She was merely taking the wrong approach, a RL party planning approach to a cyber event. Times are changed. She has now caught up.

Some people who are left have contact with others who have left. There is nothing wrong with them mentioning this gathering to their friends and reporting which  have said they are interested. I believe she has already dispensed with the idea of a contact list and now wants an indication of numbers to plan for.

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 12:14:56 pm »
Pardon me Parallo for anything I said here that was out of place. All who wish to bring ideas to the table about this Reunion are welcome. I am working on it and will post it when I have it all thought out.

Yes Prolix that is correct.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 12:17:07 pm by Mathy Stockington »
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2008, 12:18:57 pm »
I believe the idea of putting together a mailing list was discarded. I may be wrong. I wouldn't consider asking people to tell their friends about this reunion a step over the line, unlike the mailing list.

Mathy: I think you got enough to start with here. Once the plan is laid out and the content of the event defined, you can then ask participants to help with the promotion (which is a rather simple task, really). All they gotta do is tell as many friends as they can and RSVP if possible and link them to your promotional thread. They just need you to develop that promotional thread and the content it is meant to promote, which you can create with the two or three people that have shown interest in being behind the scenes in this thread.

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2008, 12:22:11 pm »
Thank you Dajaji. I am working on just that.

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2008, 02:28:15 pm »
Due to the discouraging PM’s, tells, and conversations I have had on IRC, this event is now scrapped. If anyone wished to proceed with this you may do so.

Mythryndel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2008, 04:19:25 pm »
The "mailing list" was scrapped on page 1 of this topic... what is all this talk about stalking and not being polite? As I understood it, those that are here, and still have contact with people that used to be here... would simply ping them about the event once more details were established and see if they wanted to come give PS another shot...

What is so wrong about that? Are we getting lost in the details that were already discarded, or did I just miss something?

rainion

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2008, 11:04:53 pm »
wait areyou guys talking about me or something?

i use to play this game a while ago then stop and im trying to get back in! :D

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2008, 02:36:21 am »
Due to the discouraging PM’s, tells, and conversations I have had on IRC, this event is now scrapped. If anyone wished to proceed with this you may do so.

That's dumb. You shouldn't quit just because of some discouragement. Obviously those people are a bunch of party-poopers. If you don't continue with this, you're letting them get their way.

</hope speech>

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2008, 03:48:55 pm »
So would you want me to still try to make this happen even though I was told it would more turn out to be a big party for the ones that now play instead of a Reunion of our 'old friends'? Does that defeat the purpose of a 'Reunion'?

(I apologize for my delay in responding; I have been watching the Olympics and have been busy)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 03:56:10 pm by Mathy Stockington »

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2008, 06:59:55 pm »
Doesn't matter how many oldbies you have... at least if they'res one... I dunno. Don't ask me. But they'd appreciate it. They may even come back.

Mythryndel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2008, 09:15:52 pm »
I'm sorry, but if that little bit of criticism is going to get you down, perhaps this isn't the type of activity you should try to organize. In college I would set my sights high, but keep my expectations low. That sounds a bit cynical, but at the same time... you are trying for something huge... and there is a chance that it can flop. The only way you can fail in doing what you set out to do however, is if you don't finish what you started.

I'm not trying to force you to continue, or shame you into finishing this. I am just pointing out that no matter what you set out to do, someone is going to have something to gripe about. You can't let it get to you.

For the record, you just got a SMALL taste of what the Devs deal with on a daily/weekly basis.

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 06:53:22 am »
Mythrndel I am well aware of the attitudes of the people here. This project is so grand that I need help with it. I did think many people would like to see their old friends come back to visit and hopefully try to stay again for a while. I knew that it would be difficult, but I had I thought I would have more backing for this. Again if I am wrong and people want this event to happen then just let me know and I will further explain my ideas that I wanted to implement to make this happen.

This is an example of some of the responses I have gotten to this event:
"Reunion".. hmm.. some I know who left apparently rather left in cause of "how some things are handled". They moved onward to something else already. Asking them is, for some of them, like asking to give up their "new dreams".

This comes from someone I respect greatly and it makes me wonder if having a 'Reunion' is such a good idea.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:08:28 am by Mathy Stockington »

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2008, 09:51:40 am »
Better ask and get a 'no, thank you', than never ask at all. Who knows? Maybe you should make a decision once you've heard from your targeted guests. If none of the lost players show any interest, then you can call it quits... but then, you could do it anyway and meet new people. After all, those who are here are more likely to stay.

Lolitra, Celorrim Purrty Twins

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • THE ROYAL HOUSE OF PURRTY
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2008, 11:12:16 am »
I am so looking forward to a reunion...
Her Royal Highness Lolitra Hollinthy Purrty nods regally 'I am delighted to meet you' her tiara twinkles in the crystal light.
[had to remove my signature - as the image host lost it!!!!]

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2008, 12:49:43 pm »
Now that I have said I will scrap this idea I have gotten PM's asking me to stay with it. So now it went from gone for good to maybe it still will happen Lolitra. If you have any friends you wish to invite send me a PM and let me know. So all is not lost.

Thank you Lolitra, you are a kind and good friend.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 12:51:21 pm by Mathy Stockington »