Author Topic: Reunion  (Read 3457 times)

Gwinn Ravenn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gwinn (ravenn) Frawd
    • View Profile
    • Sapere Magi current events web page
Re: Reunion
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2008, 03:22:47 pm »
{I do hope you do the reunion. while GM events are grand player events are just as grand in different ways and are very necessary to encourage rp. Besides you already have food for the even all lined up :) can't let that go to waste}

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2008, 04:59:25 pm »
* Mathy Stockington looks up at Gwinn and smiles. Thank you I surely will not waste all this food.

why not just throw a party. if the oldies show up great but if not that is ok too. Either way there is the chance for RP yes?? Sounds worth it to me.

"If my opinion counted I would be Queen and offenders to the crown would be properly fish Flogged "

Gwinn,

Are you saying this should be a party for the current population and not at reunion at all?

Edit: Please dont double post use the Modify button
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 06:48:48 am by Mordraugion »
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards

Mythryndel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2008, 06:52:00 pm »
Honestly, it if it happens it is going to be both. Take it for what it is worth and go with it.

You can't exclude current players, and you are not likely to get all of the old players back... and the whole point is to get the old players to mingle with the new and move forward together... yes?!? So... what is wrong with this?

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2008, 10:52:07 am »
Zorbel's wish for a tournament made me think that I would still love to do this. Any suggestions or any volunteers please post your ideas here.

Thank you,

Mathy.

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2008, 01:05:56 pm »
You'll have to do more to organise something like this :)
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

Liadan

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Since 0.3.020
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2008, 01:22:03 pm »
The idea of having a reunion within PS isn't new. But it rarely has gotten farther than just an idea. If you really really want to do it, (you being the general populace), then here's what i suggest:

- create a detailed outline of the 5 W's and H, and present it to a GM and a dev, preferably settings
- be prepared for a lot of questions, not all of them are meant to be criticism: when i say be prepared i mean sit down and think of every possible hole in your plan and how to resolve it...don't forget to write down your solutions. Be ready for those solutions to be questioned as well.
- advertise, advertise, advertise: IC, OOC, IG, OG...everywhere. it will be mostly word of mouth, the more who know, more are likely to come.

don't be discouraged if it seems to be an impossible task, you might want to get someone else to help with planning if it seems too much.

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2008, 03:45:31 pm »
I am open to any other suggestions to make this work. If we can get enough people together I do think it would be a great thing to do.

Thank you everybody who responds.

Mathy.

Lolitra, Celorrim Purrty Twins

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • THE ROYAL HOUSE OF PURRTY
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2008, 02:29:12 pm »
You know - where it is lovely to meet up with old friends... I have always found things like school reunions places where people are either there to gloat at how good they have done, or to try and relive the youth they so long ago left behind, or are just plain curious as to what happened to that odd one they always made fun of...  only to find they are the most successful one there, and is there to gloat.

But hey ho... I do love a party though.

Lolitra.
Her Royal Highness Lolitra Hollinthy Purrty nods regally 'I am delighted to meet you' her tiara twinkles in the crystal light.
[had to remove my signature - as the image host lost it!!!!]

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2008, 03:54:38 pm »
Lolitra I agree with you when it comes to a real life reunion. This is different I think. It would make me so happy though to catch up with Einnol, Indygo, Althos, Akra, Agara and so many others that I think it would be a worthwhile effort. What stumps me is making enough events and just how to reach all the people that have left. Just think how great it would be to have an event like this and have those we miss return!

I love the idea of calling it "Green Name Day" suggested by Dajoji.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 03:58:22 pm by Mathy Stockington »