Author Topic: RP Covenant.  (Read 13850 times)

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: RP Covenant.
« Reply #195 on: March 19, 2009, 03:30:20 pm »
So explain to me why anyone wants to escape the oppression of RL to live under the oppression of a RP government, or covenant.

And what the point is of learning martiality for any reason other than a stupid law.

Also, if it's something that cannot policed at this point in time, why not relax it until it can be enforced, and you could then play out the 'crackdown' etc.

It makes acting out an evil character wierdly unsatisfying if doing anything with an acceptable agree of evilness (murdering someone for instance) gets you kicked from the game for disobeying a rule, all because it flashes in the GMs main tab "Akaiddo Kivikar has been killed by Velenaro Eltiori!), when really it was a quiet stabbing in the alleyway behind Kada-Els.

How can you try and enforce rp, when you have an rp government incapable of rping it's ingame laws, and using ooc solutions for a range of things that can be done ic and well rp'd?

It all seems a little hypercritical.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 19, 2009, 05:31:29 pm »
I would say it's incomplete instead of hypocritical.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 19, 2009, 06:57:03 pm »
Hypocritical = lack of criticism.

Hypercritical = too much criticism, usually when the flaws they criticise are flaws they also have themselves.

Hence I called it hypercritical.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 19, 2009, 08:43:26 pm »
Hypocritical also = having the quality of hypocrisy.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 19, 2009, 09:50:41 pm »
That is besides the point, I called it hypercritical not hypocritical.

Lhaa

« Reply #200 on: March 20, 2009, 10:44:31 am »
You may want to take this discussion here instead.
http://www.englishforums.com/English/EslVocabularyAndIdioms/Forum29.htm

Mordraugion

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Ex Dev and GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 20, 2009, 11:22:48 am »
If you dont like the rules on the RP server or dont want to follow the storyline we're creating then thats why we have the EZPC server.

and no I dont see any problem with consistancy once all the pieces are in place
No longer a member of the PlanShift Development Team
Hokinon or Hoki on IRC

PS is not a democracy, nor will it ever be -- Karyuu 2006
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=21049.msg230947#msg230947

Rennaj

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Glad to Help
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2009, 03:03:27 pm »
 Main point is : No sign no play on RP for new people, yet me will not sign it yet will stay on RP server, same as them that are the couse of this being done.

Unless of course I Play up and get kicked from the RP one ^^
Run your permissions at least once a week. You will be amazed what it can solve.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2009, 04:16:43 pm »
It's not the rules I don't like, it's the fact things are being attempted to be enforced that in RP have no effect.

I am getting sick and tired of seeing fights in Hydlaa. If there's gonna be a law about it NOW, then enforce it NOW in RP.

Because having a law that isn't enforced makes the citizens have a high criminality and the government seem weak.

And also, I think your covenant needs revision to comprehend evil characters having more leeway to be evil.

Otherwise it becomes "Hi guys I'm your nest adversary. [you're meant to hate me I'm scum but in this game we have to be polite]"

Rennaj

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Glad to Help
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 20, 2009, 05:04:23 pm »
It's not the rules I don't like, it's the fact things are being attempted to be enforced that in RP have no effect.

I am getting sick and tired of seeing fights in Hydlaa. If there's gonna be a law about it NOW, then enforce it NOW in RP.

Because having a law that isn't enforced makes the citizens have a high criminality and the government seem weak.

And also, I think your covenant needs revision to comprehend evil characters having more leeway to be evil.

Otherwise it becomes "Hi guys I'm your nest adversary. [you're meant to hate me I'm scum but in this game we have to be polite]"

Personally I am against it, but it has been deemed it will be, so no point in fighting it, SO instead give some input as to what you would like in in, that is what this thread is about.
Run your permissions at least once a week. You will be amazed what it can solve.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 20, 2009, 06:17:44 pm »
We don't have enough people to enforce the law actively atm.

Applications for the gm team are welcomed.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 21, 2009, 11:46:15 pm »
I would apply, as I spend alot of time ingame, but...

1) I don't feel I've been playing long enough.

2) Can I have an 'alt' as a GM? Akaiddo is more a lone valiant knight at the moment.

3) Do I need a new client to be a GM? And I'd also need to know the rules, etc.

And other issues.

I would like to point out (before anyone slams me for having alts) that each of my alternate accounts has three or four characters, all with differing RP attitudes and careers (I'd rather have ten or twelve different characters than one ultra-levelled character).

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 21, 2009, 11:52:15 pm »
Can I have an 'alt' as a GM? Akaiddo is more a lone valiant knight at the moment.

I've been wondering that, too.

Also, if by 'I'd also need to know the rules' is referring to GM-specific rules, I'm sure they'd tell new GM recruits what those are. If you're referring to the game's rules, just go re-read 'em every once in a while and you'll be fine.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 22, 2009, 01:39:34 am »
;_; I'm too young...

Gotta wait two years.. I'm only 19.

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #209 on: March 22, 2009, 02:15:41 am »
I would apply, as I spend alot of time ingame, but...

2) Can I have an 'alt' as a GM? Akaiddo is more a lone valiant knight at the moment.

3) Do I need a new client to be a GM? And I'd also need to know the rules, etc.

2) gm and devs staff accounts are done on purpose and used only for that reason so you won't have a "gm char alt" in your current accounts (also because the permissions are set account wide not char wide)
3) no the same client used to play has the functions used by gm and devs. The only difference is what you can access and what the server allows you to do (eg:the server will refuse to send you a list of players or petitions from other players if you aren't logged in with an account with a particular security level)