Poll

Do you think we're ready for a wipe?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Wipe y/n?  (Read 26890 times)

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: Wipe y/n?
« Reply #450 on: October 02, 2010, 08:59:40 am »
I might secretly lurk back into playing PS for a little while if there is a wipe.  :whistling:

-sig by sarras

jaculapundactum

« Reply #451 on: October 02, 2010, 12:30:25 pm »
Likewise.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 02, 2010, 02:23:24 pm »
Venorel passes on a really good come back for fear of underestimating the humour of the parties involved.

DarkShadowSly

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 03, 2010, 01:57:20 pm »
keep me posted on what server the wipes going to be in (NON-RP server is no need for wipe since theres almost no events)
also on what day
make an estimate its not hard

Gledios

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 03, 2010, 05:24:03 pm »
its good to be back on the forums, it feels like its been  a lifetime, sadly i dont believe many people remember me :(, in any case, i will have to vote yes for a wipe, i planned to start fresh as soon as i could play again anyways. :)

khoridor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 04, 2010, 02:19:22 pm »
Maybe you could ask for an individual wipe?

troyyer

« Reply #456 on: October 04, 2010, 03:53:32 pm »
Maybe you could ask for an individual wipe?

i vote for individual wipes. For all that feel the need...

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 04, 2010, 03:57:42 pm »
i vote for individual wipes. For all that feel the need...

Problem is that those that feel the need would probably not notice.   ;)

Ya gotta love this thread!   ;D

- Nova

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 04, 2010, 04:27:56 pm »
I think part of the purpose of the wipe is to get rid of accounts and characters whose players aren't around at all, hon. Doubt they'll feel the need...
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 04, 2010, 11:19:12 pm »
Then they will never have that kind of wipe as Talad needs those numbers to claim legitimacy. Heck, if the people editing the main PS wikipedia article knew how low the average player count is, they'd probably delete that page without discussion as they have apparently been chomping at the bit to delete it for some time now.

miadon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 05, 2010, 09:00:59 am »
Then they will never have that kind of wipe as Talad needs those numbers to claim legitimacy. Heck, if the people editing the main PS wikipedia article knew how low the average player count is, they'd probably delete that page without discussion as they have apparently been chomping at the bit to delete it for some time now.

I remember the days when Wikipedia allowed everything because "WIkipedia is not on paper" but as a drive to ensure legitimacy and to look to have some authority they started to remove anything deemed 'unimportant' which is not a neutral point of view (which again was one of the original beliefs_
- MiadonCam (Refresh page to see live in game Miadon Action!!)

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 05, 2010, 09:58:27 am »
Remember, Miadon, Wikipedia is not Uncyclopedia.  :thumbup:

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

mikeloeven

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 08, 2010, 10:44:06 am »
There's also MANY children who are playing now, constantly leaking smilies and godmodding...

i think we should just abandon the notion of a family orianted game and reqire a state id showing your at least 16 before you can join ps this is a big kids game. i am not being agist here i am just stating the facts it is a complex roleplay based game that a young kid cannot comprehend unless on the rare ocasion he is one of those intelligant prodidge's. i have seen games fail because they try to expand their player base to include all ages. it turns the game into a faimly friendly shithole with all the fun removed in favor of simplicity and enforcement of adult content laws. young children can never understand or apreciate the beauty of planeshift and really the dev team needs to cut their losses and stop catering towards familys and start working on a game that is actually somthing serious Rp'ers will be able to get into again. i mean back in the day we had in character racism and even a whole rp about a group of dermorian slavers subdjucating the enki race. after the rp was over (and it was one of the epic ones) the gm's put a stop to that shortly after and i have a feeling it was a family values issue.

than there was the homosexuality issue it was removed from the game due to the possibility of offending people's religion. but when you think about it if your one of those players that is so inflexable that you see gays as blasphemy against god than why the hell are you playing a video game where the players worship fictious dieties one of whom is moddled after the lead developer of the game ???

it is impossible to create a entire politically correct game and allow it to keep it's soul. the only way to write a story that is not offensive to anyone is to hand them a blank piece of paper. it cant be done and the serious rp community is the only thing keeping
PS alive and if you alienate them with a kiddy firiendly environment ps will fail and die a slow horrible death if it is luckey. if it is unlucky it will become a hollow shell of idocy like wow and global agenda have fallen into.

so basically i think a wipe will help because all the powerleveling toddlers will go home crying and problem solved. the serious rpers wont really care because they never bothered with the leveling mechanics to begin with prefering socilization to leveling
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:59:36 am by mikeloeven »

khoridor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 08, 2010, 12:18:26 pm »
Of course, one can always question them, again and again, but at the end of the day, keep in mind that some basic decisions are just facts to live with:
- PS is a politically correct game, or family friendly, or whatever it's called nowadays.
- There will be a wipe for version 1, at least.