Author Topic: 5.0 Progress Improvements  (Read 646 times)

Ench

• Traveller
    • View Profile
5.0 Progress Improvements
« on: December 11, 2009, 12:29:50 am »
Well i think lots of people are having trouble with the mac client.... ;)

I have: Mac OS X  10.5.8 intel core 2 duo

I used the bit torrent downloader for the client 3 times.    With no success,  the pslaunch and ps loader would flash on the dock. Then I'd get the app quit unexpectantly message relaunched like 40+ times  (the definintion of insanity is trying the same thing, and expecting different results).   :whistling:

So i tried the temporary mirror site (which has changed now) and the client started right up!
( http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=36427.msg414846#msg414846 give the links on this post a try and tell if they work similar ... or better)  
i clicked fix and nothing seamed to happen so i closed program and tried a gain ...   and it worked   finished first fix and i am on the 2nd  taking lots of time ....
I'm gonna keep fixing till i get no fixes needed be for i even try to enter ....

[edit]
seams to be working  ok I'm in the game!  

The only glitch so far was was after the fixes that were installed using the  PSlaunch(I think 1+ hr download all the zipped files for art and maps, and the  library/application support/PS folder's info).

When I tried to use PS client in the applications folder it opened up in the old client (which I've saved under different name inside an other folder).  I was able to run client from the down loaded PlaneShift disk on the desktop ( do the mac users know the one i mean).

So I replaced the application once again with this one,   re-ran the PSlaunch and updated the files as prompted, and used the fix button a few time to be sure.  

Now I have copped my old shortcut commands, controls, chat logs  
things seam to be working well... but I'm not in town, but i started in gurg said hi to Yahh and tried the some looting ... other than the NPC's having a hard time targeting me it looks great! ( which i will re-confirm then http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/flyspray/ it!)

I have had to relaunch PSclient (on 2 occasions),  a couple of times to get it working.

Ill let you know how it progresses  

Im so happy to be able to "help"  the project, doing something that is so fun, and meting people form all over the world!

Thanks to all the Developers, GM's, and all who are  helping to improve this Game!  

Lets make sure to help out with bug reporting on the new Client.     ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 12:19:47 am by Ench »

bloodedIrishman

Re: 5.0 Progress Improvements
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 04:36:21 pm »
This is a twitter.

:P

Dralion1221

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 04:37:58 pm »
Link no work?? :(

Ench

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 12:15:32 am »
i guess the link was deleted ... it was called temporary mirror   maybe try this one

http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=36427.msg414846#msg414846

:oops:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 12:20:59 am by Ench »

Nerana

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 02:03:04 pm »
Hi,  Really confused now.

I have Intel iMac op system OSX 10.5.7.

I've tried downloading bittorrent and also mirror.

The Stacken mirror link is broken - says not allowed to download from location.
The Xordan mirror says it doesn't exist.
Internode (australian mirror) takes me to a page with the old client on it - version 4.03
PSmirror and stacken both have  a file which is different in size to that stated on the page - it says it should be 343mb but it's coming up as 414mb.

I've downloaded from both these and tried to install...installs but that's as far as I get...it crashes continuously when trying to start it up (icon bounces in dock and then crashes).

Am at my wits end!

Is there a problem with the download itself - if it says it should be 343mb why is it coming up at 414mb?

I'm going to try downloading the old version 4.03 from the australian site and installing that and then see if it updates properly this time.

Unfortunately I've deleted the old version I was playing on as stated on the downloads page at planeshift to make way for the new!

Any advice on how to sort this out would be great!

Thanks.

Ench

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 07:55:10 pm »
i was having the same issues...

the down load i used was 414 mb  too.

did you run the ps launch?  and fix your files?

i made sure their was no ps file in my application support and the ps launch fix created it for me.
  i actualy saved my old ones in a different file and re-named it which kept my short cuts and logs,

hope you get it working
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 01:02:00 am by Ench »