Author Topic: Lurker Trolls  (Read 4982 times)

bloodedIrishman

Lurker Trolls
« on: September 22, 2010, 12:54:27 am »
Lurker Trolls: n., Forum users who have quit the game and haunt the forum to basically sh*t on the game and the people who work on it as much as they can.

1. A common definer: they are repeatedly banned yet return.

2. Common summarized sayings of Lurker Trolls: "I don't care about this game anymore." Yet they return. Again. And again. Aaaaaand again.

Lurker Trolls, you are only here to feed your stupid hate. I have had enough of you and do not see why any of us (who don't belong to the afore definition) have to put up with you.

All ye who subsist as malice-creatures; Lurker Trolls with little to do but belittle, spread falsehood, and ruin another's day - flee, flee I say. You are not wanted.

Begone. 'cus Noyone likes you.  ;D

Brought to you by Irishman & co.

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Lurker Trolls
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 03:16:47 am »
I have been called both a lurker and a troll in my time here... as well as a peanut (which hurt the most).

I feel in no way bound by the above compulsion.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 03:19:23 am by Drey »
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • My main: Jamona Shikon
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 04:22:27 am »
What about people who act as if they have left the game in rage because their RP didn't work and now post meaningless sh't or flames from time to time, but secretly keep playing with an alt and really enjoy it? Not that I would know any of that kind, just a hypothetical question.

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 05:22:28 am »
Hey! We need them! what's the purpose of this forum anyway? Trying to solve problems and raising interesting questions in a ever changing unusual game? naah!  :P

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 05:33:39 am »
Trying to solve problems and raising interesting questions in a ever changing unusual game?
questions in a ever changing
a ever

You mispeled that.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 05:54:12 am »
* LigH slaps derula for being a "grammar n.z.", and mis-spelling "mispeled".

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 06:11:21 am »
Ha! Oldest trolling trick in the world still works!

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 06:47:51 am »
Dear BloodedIrishman,

My name is Geoni. I am a forum lurker. There is nothing you can do to stop me!

Sincerely,
                                                                     Geoni

-sig by sarras

Marathal

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 07:05:44 am »
Trying to solve problems and raising interesting questions in a ever changing unusual game?
questions in a ever changing
a ever

You mispeled that.

You misspelled misspell.  ;D

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 10:22:51 am »
Ha! Oldest trolling trick in the world still works!

And it's working more than once in the same thread! Awesome.

(For those who don't get it: usually, it's Grammar Nazis who point out grammar errors. But if a troll points out grammar errors, he does that for the sole purpose of including a spelling or grammar error in his correction (commonly "mispel" or "mispell"; bonus points if you correct a grammar error and call it a misspelling), with the intention that someone else will think it's an actual mistake and correct him back. Then he can go and say "lol I did that on purpose noob" because he officially proved to himself that his e-penis is much larger than the other person's. That's troll logic; it's annoying, and hardly comprehendable for non-trolls. Luckily for me, my spelling is pefrect and noone will ever need too correct me.)

neko kyouran

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 11:28:20 am »

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 11:30:13 am »
I could out-drink the chief.
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

Marathal

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 12:44:24 pm »

You probably could, judging from the photos I've seen. ;D

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 03:44:31 pm »
Hey! We need them! what's the purpose of this forum anyway? Trying to solve problems and raising interesting questions in a ever changing unusual game? naah!  :P

BoevenF is right, we need them. They only bring great interest and use to this forum.

Yet they return. Again. And again. Aaaaaand again.

Its sooo much fun to piss off the moderators. You can't do that to any other game, where the development/owners of the game are open to criticism.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 05:24:09 pm »

I drink for the taste not for the waste  ;D

BoevenF is right, we need them. They only bring great interest and use to this forum.

The people who easily fall into the definition I gave provide the interests of pointless arguing and more trolling. Their uses are to create more stupidity in the forum. So, yes, you are right Vakachehk.

Its sooo much fun to piss off the moderators. You can't do that to any other game, where the development/owners of the game are open to criticism

They are clearly open to criticism because a) there is a complaint department b) it has posts c) they are responded to d) there is a bugtracker e) it has complaint tasks f) they are responded to g) all which are deemed applicable and maintaining with the game's progress are worked on, sooner or later.

Whether or not they accept your ideas is up to them - and Talad.

These trolls are allowed to stay because the community accepts and oft-times promotes the behavior. I'm not talking about whimsical trolls who post random pictures, I mean the people who make this forum look like hell. If the people who use this forum put a negative stigma on malicious posting, these people will leave, because they will realize what they do is not tolerated. Even in Planeshift game reviews the notability of this forum and its trolls is seen.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 05:25:47 pm by bloodedIrishman »