Author Topic: company issues, ideas help wanted  (Read 1358 times)

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
Re: company issues, ideas help wanted
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 08:14:18 am »
Thanks to all of you so here's what your ideas helped me to think up atleast for the moment.

It's an ad board if you don't understand it for my company.

My dad helped me to cut it into size but i've painted it myself except for the board itself as it was white from the begining.
"din lokala pc-support" stands for "your local pc-support" if you guys need help to translate.
Now just to find a place for it, do allready have one in mind except that it will costs me a 100 euros a year, many would think that's not much but as i have a very low budget hm...  :-\

hulla

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 10:39:04 am »
Hello Elvi and everybody
Dont lose hope Elvi me i am french near paris and i know for now years you have a pc buisnes stay whit hope
(and sadly sorry if i cant do buizness whit you a little to long between you and me )

bilbous

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 10:51:46 am »
Where I live power poles and the first 10 feet beside the road are public property and can be used for such advertisements.  It might not last posted there but might be an option. You might offer a potential customer one free servicing per year in lieu of payment for hosting your sign in their window.

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 11:07:45 am »
lol bilbous that board i made is 2x1 meter :P way too big for a window

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 08:06:13 pm »
There's a moment in which a business stops providing benefit and starts draining money. Check yourself to see in which stage you're on and what can you do. If it's still soon, you might be able to pull back, check what are you doing wrong, and fix it. If it's too late, stop trying. There's a lot of copanies looking for people with certain skills, maybe you could fit into them.

Also, keep in mind it's not about people buying your product/service, but you selling it. It might look like the same concept but it's not:

• Your product is bought:
This means you're a passive subject of the sale, in which the customer comes to you with a need and you have to solve it.
  • You sell your own product:
You're active, you know where to find and how, you look for your own customers and see why aren't they buying you, or why are they buying to a competitor, etc.

I could give more advice but I'm a tad tired… find me in game or when I join #planeshift.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Mrokii

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 02:28:31 am »
Soo...,

here are my thoughts on your problem. Generally speaking, I would say the most important thing are personal connections. Especially in a very small town. Have you asked relatives for help? I can't imagine that nobody of them (or their friends) has problems with their computers now and then. Let your family "work" for you, so to say :)

I am not quite sure to what extent you tried things (despite reading the previous posts), so sorry if this is in part a repeat:

When there are no other avenues available, you photocopy flyers and stick them on cars, in slots, wherever. You might laugh, but it works.

Hm i think i tried something like this last summer but i asked if i could do it and the organizers of a big place said no so i placed my car where it was vissible and put alot of fliers and rip of fliers on it heh, no luck tho.

Uhm... Why can't you just put stickers on cars beside the road? I see this from time to time here, flyers stuck behind the windshield.

I am surprised though that nobody mentioned your companies' homepage. My first impression when I went there was: uh, erm... okay, but... what's the point? What is this guy doing or offering me?
It took me several seconds to see the white text in the upper right corner. So, in essence, I came to your homepage and didn't have much of a clue what you were doing. Oh well, I scrolled down a bit and found this list of more or less obscure computer-parts, so my first impression was that you sell computer items.

If you'd ask me, your homepage needs a bit of a redesign. Here are some points that come to my mind:

• state what you do prominently on your site. Not (only) in a somewhat tiny white font in the upper right corner. This is not where people are looking at. Your services should be seen on first sight in the main area of your homepage, in big letters (not too big of course, but so that it is good to read, especially by people whose eyes aren't that good any more). They should be links, so that people who want to find out more can click them.
  • The same can be said about the lower part. Another tiny white font tor essential information. Please, if nothing else, make the font(s) a bit bigger and change the colour in way that it is easier readable.
  • Contacting you is essential, so you should put a "contact" button on the left, under the other buttons. Plus, put a contact link in the main area.
  • And speaking of contact: Why isn't there a phone-number? I think that may be just as essential. Give a visitor as much possibilities to contact you as you can. After all, you are looking for people with computer-problems, so maybe they are on a friends' computer when they contact you, so an email address may only be of limited use for them, if they can't use their own computer. Offer visitors to call them back if they leave a message.
  • Generally speaking, there is way too few information available in the main area of your homepage, which (in my opinion) is a less than ideal design.
  • While I am talking about design: The buttons' design you use look somewhat out of place to me. What I mean: They do not seem to fit your logo, neither in shape nor in colour.
  • Also, the services-page is not really ideal, imho. People have to scroll if they only want to know what you offer them. It would be better if there were a list of all your services first, possible with a (very) short description, implemented as links. if somebody is interested, they will click the links. Prices on the other hand, should not be put right on top, imho. It would probably be better if you'd put a pricing-button on the front-page (plus a link on your services-page).
  • And speaking of your "services". It's nice to know that you can work at the home of the customer if necessary. But again, this isn't necessarily the most important thing. People want to know what you are doing and they want to know it fast. I think your terms of services should be put after you have stated what you are doing. Maybe make it even a button on your homepage, possibly combined with pricing.
  • A smaller issue (in the true meaning of the word, heh): The flags to change languages are way too small (and maybe even placed in the wrong area). Why not putting them in the upper right corner of the main area?)
  • Here is a completely different idea: Are there any voluntary-projects in your area you could participate? I am not sure if that is the right term, what I mean is: Are there any projects were they are looking for people who can teach others about computers or where they need help wit installing computers or such? I am not suggesting that you are working for free all the time, but if there is just one it may get the word out. You can make yourself known, so even if you work for free at one or two projects, this may not be lost time. Just make sure that you don't give away all your abilities for free. Basic things may be fine, but the rest should be done via your company.

As a good example, have a look at this link (and no, I am not affiliated with that service in any way. I only think that it illustrates my main issues with your homepage):

http://astravera.ca/

On this page, the user can clearly see what services are offered, combined with an easy way to contact the company (contact-button, I can't overstate that.

Hope this helps a little and good luck with your company. I feel with you as I had a company myself some years back, which wasn't doing so well after a nice start.

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 12:15:17 pm »
thanks Mrokii for screwing my head all around gees, i basicly copied another sides design and there are links all over the place, honestly if visitors can't find it they are really blind and that site looks way worse than mine, gave me a nice yellow line down my back YUCK.
btw i've had problems with the text at the top and bottom of the page since it was made, i havn't been able to find a color that looks right with the image background but i won't delete that one either and also if you saw version 1 of that page youd proberly puke, it was way worse :P

voluntary-projects... no such stuff here.

@MishkaL1138 no there arn't any people that want my expertice around NADA, i say that cause you seem to think there are people in buisnesses that need people, nope no such thing around here.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 02:12:02 pm by Elvicat »

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 03:02:40 pm »
MY BOARD IS UP!!! :D :D :D \\o// \\o// \\o//

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 12:38:29 am »
May all eyes be on Elicats big board of good business!
 \\o//   \\o//

RR
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 01:13:23 pm »
i was just searching around a litle for open work on a local work site, the total work that was even close to me was a hole 13 and none of em worked for me, talk about crap work areas...

Onilise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Onilise.com
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 01:07:30 pm »
The very best way to get work is to get on the phone and sell your skill to someone. Use the yellow pages.

Never trust a unicorn fish.

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 01:43:36 pm »
It looks like the most crouded place I ever seen.
No offense. :sweatdrop:

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 11:53:24 am »
what i meant with my last post was that i was searching around for other work not conserning my company, been trying that also for awhile to no help  :-\ but i'll continue with both areas anyway as i have nothing more to lose except maybe my life ::)

Mrokii

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 01:08:30 am »
I wish you luck (crossing fingers).