Author Topic: Shield Designs  (Read 1443 times)

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Shield Designs
« on: June 15, 2011, 01:49:57 am »
Ara's been working real hard learning to craft shields. I thought it'd be fun to design some shields for her. So, if you ever end up with one in game, use your little imagination thingy to picture it looking like one of these. created using illustrator and photoshop.

design for buckler

design for small round shield
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 07:29:54 pm by Aramara Meibi »
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Rheos

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Way of the Hammer
Re: Shield Designs
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 03:36:40 pm »
Those I like  \\o//

you could get a nice shine on those to blind your opponent.

Rheos
Rheos

Keeper of the Hammer
---------------------------------

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 03:50:21 pm »
Try again.
"A new day will come when those who rudely interrupt are swept away!" -Lereal

Caym

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 01:53:32 pm »
Try again.

No. Please never try again. Stay away from Photoshop. Forever.
"Proclaiming I am thine trollop, 'tis not even a jest, 'tis but the truth." - Jekkar

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 06:08:04 pm »
Try again.

Sound like sombody is jealous
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Caym

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 10:49:52 am »
Try again.

Sound like sombody is jealous

Since I've seen people argue that Stephen King only disses Twilight because he's jealous of Stephenie Meyer, I'm afraid I can't take that (knowledgable and carefully crafted, granted) argument very seriously.
"Proclaiming I am thine trollop, 'tis not even a jest, 'tis but the truth." - Jekkar

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 01:37:04 pm »
Caym - what's your point?

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 01:40:08 pm »
Don't feed the trolls.
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Caym

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 02:56:56 pm »
Caym - what's your point?

My point is that this is very bad, and denotes a complete lack of both talent and skill.

Don't feed the trolls.

Ah, it seems we have somewhat of a DeviantArt mojo going on here.
By blindly praising whatever crap gets posted, you think you're doing the poster a favor, and therefore allow yourself to dismiss any actual criticism as "trolling" from what you perceive as a moral high ground.

However, by rejecting the very idea of pointing out shortcomings in the "art" that is posted, you actually encourage the aspiring artists to wallow in mediocrity. Certain that they have already attained excellence, they will never try to better themselves, and will therefore never feel the true joy and pride born from knowing you're better than you were, that your relentless work has born fruit, that you have overcome a weakness, perfected a talent, reached what a few days before was unreachable.
And instead of the true glory genuine praise, all they get is half-hearted, distracted congratulations from illiterate sheep that couldn't spare more than a passing glance and a few short words to make themselves feel magnanimous.

So, no, you're not helping. I am.

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 03:01:27 pm »
Don't feed the trolls.

A troll still has more literary value than any happy birthday fart you let out the years you've spent on this forum.

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 09:18:21 pm »
Caym,

My intent is for this post to be a force of gravity between us. You see, the universe is divided into such forces, those that bring two objects together, and those that drive two objects apart. Consider this as you prepare to read any further.

I think you are assuming that I feel that these designs were in any sense mindblowingly spectacular. I do not. I had a vision in mind and I used the tools I had available to create something that would convey that vision with a glimmer of accuracy. Photoshop is a tool; everyone has the right to use it how they see fit. I'm happy with my work; I think I did a job well done. There's nothing you can say to take that away from me. I'd hate to think that was your intention. I am going to continue working on this project, if anything for my own benefit of seeing it through it's completion.

At no point in your posts have you singled out, identified, or given a name to whatever it is you find so displeasing about my work. I'd prefer if you did, rather than try to offend me. I, in no way, tried to offend you. I truly fail to see how you're helping anybody but yourself, and only in what I find to be a petty fashion. I feel confident enough to label it "bad form".

Here's to your health. I wish you brighter days ahead.

(yes I'm aware the we just passed through the Solstice, which technically means that the days directly ahead of us will contain less and less hours of sunlight, but you get my drift.)

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 11:36:45 pm »
caym didn't mean any harm. he has good intentions, and made a point that this forum has needed for a long time. he just didn't get that aramara was not striving for a glorious piece of art. which is understandable. but aramara only meant for her designs to be references.

case closed.  :detective:

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 01:20:17 am »
Sarras for Public Service :thumbup: :flowers: :woot:

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 07:25:00 am »
caym didn't mean any harm. he has good intentions, and made a point that this forum has needed for a long time. he just didn't get that aramara was not striving for a glorious piece of art. which is understandable. but aramara only meant for her designs to be references.

case closed.  :detective:

Case closed? I doubt it. Knowing "him" I don't think it's closed at all now.

Caym,

I think you are assuming that I feel that these designs were in any sense mindblowingly spectacular. I do not. I had a vision in mind and I used the tools I had available to create something that would convey that vision with a glimmer of accuracy. Photoshop is a tool; everyone has the right to use it how they see fit. I'm happy with my work; I think I did a job well done. There's nothing you can say to take that away from me. I'd hate to think that was your intention. I am going to continue working on this project, if anything for my own benefit of seeing it through it's completion.

At no point in your posts have you singled out, identified, or given a name to whatever it is you find so displeasing about my work. I'd prefer if you did, rather than try to offend me. I, in no way, tried to offend you. I truly fail to see how you're helping anybody but yourself, and only in what I find to be a petty fashion. I feel confident enough to label it "bad form".

Photoshop is a tool that should be used by competent people or people that are trying to learn to be competent with it. It has a fairly large price tag on it, which should show you that you're better off with paint or gimp. Your vision is flawed by what I am seeing here, your off-balanced colors and extreme use of the standard blending options are proof that you're not really serious about this whole affair. The design lacks any charm or effort and you should therefor not bother putting it up for other people to see.
There is no way not to offend you because everything I see here is not worthy of praise.

If you wish to convey your thoughts on what is in your head, and you want to do it visually, first offer us a sketch, concept or idea. Don't blind us with this.

And if you wish people to compliment you, don't spend 3 minutes into something half-assed you know isn't going to be praised.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:13:50 am by Jekkar »

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 01:03:58 pm »
If you wish to convey your thoughts on what is in your head, and you want to do it visually, first offer us a sketch, concept or idea. Don't blind us with this.

These are exactly that. The colors are meant to represent the materials of the shield, iron, steel, bronze. I don't wish to be complimented, it's nice when it happens, but I don't expect it. This is a visual reference for those that purchase a shield from my character in game, simple as that.