Author Topic: Becoming the Masque[Comments]  (Read 2661 times)

Nightflyer0ne

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Becoming the Masque[Comments]
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2011, 10:35:41 pm »
Well, I had a great time, personally. Good job!
Giving my multiple personalities some playground space, one alt at a time. ;)

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2011, 10:58:38 pm »
I agree. It was a great social event. I didn't think it was Icerra's scene, but she overheard some people talking about their masks a couple of days before and this peaked her interest. So she asked the spirits of the dead to conjure her up a mask and off she went, looking for intrigue. She especially enjoyed the storytelling, and was happy to see an old 'friend' (as if she's ever had a friend) and maybe made a new one. She's sad she missed the people getting killed part though :(

At least she saw Travosh hurt, that kinda made up for it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 11:00:28 pm by Aramara Meibi »
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

bilbous

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2011, 02:08:01 am »
It was just like real life. I stood around and looked at people and left without saying a word to anyone.

potare

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Potare the great
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2011, 02:12:46 am »
It was just like real life. I stood around and looked at people and left without saying a word to anyone.

Haha to unpopular lol

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2011, 03:04:13 am »
Well, I missed what was supposed to be the highlight of the evening for one character, but there will be other opportunities for Momo to get her dances...

Hearing 'the people getting killed part' makes me roll my eyes and wish a murder didn't have to happen at every frickin' event. There's nothing wrong with RPing a good fight but are you people really so bloodthirsty that you get bored if nobody dies or sustains an injury? Honestly.

That aside, it was an excellent time for the short time I had to stay there (family kept me rather busier IRL than I like to be for the holidays though. Dragging their unwilling, sports-hating youngest to hockey games and the like). For the time I was there people were well-behaved and seemed to be having fun, though I always do find large concentrations of characters hard to follow at times. M got to tell a story I'd written, and her costume seemed to go over well.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2011, 04:49:00 pm »
A huge thanks from me to all who made this event possible. I mean especially Edaru (Aiwendil) and Lillia (Illysia) and those I didn't notice in the back. (The GM who let Oele play with the smoke coming from the vase made my day somehow.) But I also mean all the players that attended, performers, merchants and every other participant. Thanks a lot. I had a great time!

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2011, 04:58:43 pm »
Well, I missed what was supposed to be the highlight of the evening for one character, but there will be other opportunities for Momo to get her dances...

Hearing 'the people getting killed part' makes me roll my eyes and wish a murder didn't have to happen at every frickin' event. There's nothing wrong with RPing a good fight but are you people really so bloodthirsty that you get bored if nobody dies or sustains an injury? Honestly.

That aside, it was an excellent time for the short time I had to stay there (family kept me rather busier IRL than I like to be for the holidays though. Dragging their unwilling, sports-hating youngest to hockey games and the like). For the time I was there people were well-behaved and seemed to be having fun, though I always do find large concentrations of characters hard to follow at times. M got to tell a story I'd written, and her costume seemed to go over well.

Technically the murder(s) happened outside the event entirely, it was just adjacent to it that it started.

Dalmurr

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2011, 07:39:51 pm »
It was a great three days. I don't think I ever got to know so many different characters in so little time. I think the smoke from day three broke the fourth wall though and made some people forget they wouldn't be able to connect me to Falc, or hallucinate I were only dressed in a loincloth.

;D

Zalya

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2011, 08:51:09 pm »
I vote we hold a ball on a monthly bases!

Please?
(23:25:58) Elady says: Zalya are you trying to eat a ruby?
Zalya's RP likes and Dislikes

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2011, 09:23:53 pm »
Anyone has pictures of the event or the fireworks?

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2011, 10:39:14 pm »
If you want to organize that, Zalya, go ahead. xD
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2012, 03:49:36 am »
Well, to Illysia and Aiwendil I was more than happy to help set up the event /and/ clean up after you. But I am also rather disappointed that I was unable to attend as a player or GM (you've no idea), I would have loved to have been able to add to the event in either/both aspects.

I heard only good things about the whole thing, congratulations to both of you and to everyone who came and took part.

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2012, 04:06:56 am »
Anyone has pictures of the event or the fireworks?
To be honest, Im not much into making event screenshots since Im using the provided client that comes without movierecorder. (However, I'll add one of my two screenies http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=40557.0)

Anyway, a big thank you from me too for the event! I had a very good time and enjoyed playing a lot.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 04:09:39 am by Sen »
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2012, 04:13:53 am »
"It was a great three days. I don't think I ever got to know so many different characters in so little time. I think the smoke from day three broke the fourth wall though and made some people forget they wouldn't be able to connect me to Falc, or hallucinate I were only dressed in a loincloth."

*Grumbles*   :P

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2012, 02:47:38 pm »
Please refrain from inviting me to participate in any possible future event of yours. The great efforts I put in my RP might be nice for others to have some fun hours, but to me it means part of my life wasted and, in the end, nothing left but tears. Thanks in advance for compliance.
Yeah...I'm kind of sorry about this. I knew from the start that most of the effort that went in this event will be wasted...still tried to get as many "old friends" to show up as possible...just for my own, selfish amusement. You have a valid point and of course I will comply with the request...won't be even hard as I doubt I will do any event in PS ever again. ;)

Yeah..another valid point that is true for almost any event. I just don't see how we could prevent that from happening. During an event the organizers are usually very busy so have to rely on the guests to make sure everyone is included...what seldom works out as wanted. :/ There were some people I would have liked to see more included.

Looks like it. What should I say...it was probably good that I wasn't around at that time. Probably it's just a game among the PS players I wasn't introduced to yet: "I bet 10K I can make a stupid murder story out of everything."

Technically the murder(s) happened outside the event entirely, it was just adjacent to it that it started.
Technically I don't care what excuse people make up for their crappy in-game behavior.

I vote we hold a ball on a monthly bases!

Please?
Looks like we have a volunteer for doing the next ball. ;)

If you want to organize that, Zalya, go ahead. xD
Oh..and a helper for Zalya. *runs*

Well, I had a great time, personally. Good job!
A huge thanks from me to all who made this event possible. I mean especially Edaru (Aiwendil) and Lillia (Illysia) and those I didn't notice in the back. (The GM who let Oele play with the smoke coming from the vase made my day somehow.) But I also mean all the players that attended, performers, merchants and every other participant. Thanks a lot. I had a great time!
It was a great three days. I don't think I ever got to know so many different characters in so little time. I think the smoke from day three broke the fourth wall though and made some people forget they wouldn't be able to connect me to Falc, or hallucinate I were only dressed in a loincloth.

;D
Anyway, a big thank you from me too for the event! I had a very good time and enjoyed playing a lot.

Glad to hear some people had fun. Despite the stress I had a good time at the ball too...mostly. And there is always the tiny chance that some people enjoyed it enough to help out Zalya to do the next Ball/Singles Night/Poetry Contest/Bingo evening/Theater play/Whatever. ;)

Now a few comments from me. Three days is too long...the story kind of required that length but it's more or less impossible to entertain people all the time during such a long event. And I also learned something new during this event...make sure to give out an OOC note in advance that all people should disable "auto-accept" for duels. Not wanting to blame anyone there...if people like auto-accept that's fine. Just at an event it can be easily misused by others to mess with the event. And as it's impossible to get rid of people wanting to mess up it's easier to make sure there are no victims for them. Also the place for the ball had a huge advantage to all other places of events I helped with. The two NPC guards right at the ball made it possible to just ignore everyone starting a fight as OOC. Then of course the intended "storyline" didn't work as "intended"...but that's fine and was to be expected. Not being able to tell how something works out is what makes RPing so much fun...and I had a lot fun with the "romantic" ending too. (Though...it was kind of strange having reversed roles with Illysia this time...me playing the shy and inexperienced char..and her the more bold lady ;)) Then of course we didn't spend enough time in game before the event. Far too many things for my taste were dealt with only OOCly. But again something that couldn't be helped with the limited time we had for the event. And last but not least...if not Illyisa but I had been the boss something like this would have never happened. Ugggh..moving text. You forgot to make it pink and add some flowers and hearts Illysia. *laughs and runs very fast*

Nah, it was really fun to work with you (again) Illysia.

Edit: I just started another thread to post your costume descriptions in: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=40563. So...go there and let all people see the great costumes you all had.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:01:11 pm by Aiwendil »