Author Topic: Improved Wish List  (Read 159 times)

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Improved Wish List
« on: April 06, 2012, 01:59:45 pm »
Hopefully this isn't too meta, but right now what I'm wishing for is an improved wish list.

Right now what I see is a bunch of ideas, good and bad, that get either discussed or shot down.  Either way, it seems the majority of these ideas are forgotten a week later.  Maybe the devs pay more attention than they care to show, but it seems most of the ideas here go unnoticed.

What I'm proposing (more like wishing for) is tweaking the system to get the good ideas noticed.  The author posts his idea.  After that, there is a three day waiting period during which the idea is discussed, flaws are pointed out, suggestions are made, etc.  This period serves as a "polishing" stage.  The author is able to edit his original proposal to include any fixes or tweaks that were pointed out.  Once the three days are up, a poll opens, in which players can either vote "Yes," "No," or "Not yet" (indicating it's a good idea but it's far from being a priority at the moment).

To prevent players from creating new accounts simply to boost their idea's vote, we could limit voting to accounts that have a certain number of posts or that have been around for a certain amount of time (or some combination of the two).

Then, when the devs look at the wish list, they can sort it by number of "yes" votes, best "yes" percentage, etc. to get an idea of what the community thinks would most improve the game.  Of course at any point the devs can decide to accept or decline an idea regardless of the voters (but I'd expect an explanation if they decline a well-received idea).
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Improved Wish List
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 05:06:45 pm »
I don't know if that would make any difference here.
But if you like to have the option to vote for a feature request you like, you can do so on the bug tracker.
It is not a bad idea to make a serious suggestion there and leave some room for discussions about it here.

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 05:08:53 pm »
I personally think it's better to first discuss it here and then post it as FR on the tracker when you already got your feedback and incorporated it, so you have a more ellaborate request on the tracker (which then may make it in one of the big collections so it doesn't get lost *chuckles*)

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 05:20:58 pm »
Ah, didn't realize the bug tracker was used as a wishlist as well.  I guess this isn't all that important.
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.