Author Topic: The Tailor  (Read 7549 times)

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
The Tailor
« on: December 06, 2014, 10:20:55 pm »
(My last thread got deleted by the forum glitch, perfect time to start fresh!)

On the billboards of Hydlaa and Gugrontid are some new advertisements:

Selicree will be available soon at markets, et cetera, but depending on player demand I might set her up permanently somewhere, maybe at a stall, if it's available.

When you order something from Selicree, you will get a book describing the clothing, but you will also get a "fashion sketch" of sorts, which I will post to this thread underneath whoever commissioned it and whoever its intended wearer is.

Selicree will expect money depending on the quality of materials specified, and whatnot.

She CANNOT make armor. She's not an armorsmith. Only a tailor. Don't worry, Way of the Hammer, she's got no competition for you.  ;D

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Commission One
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 10:24:40 pm »
Outfit commissioned by: Illysia
Intended wearer: Roled

Outfit description: This was clearly made for special events, or for someone who wants to look good during everyday outings. The primary theme is a glinting gold color, which permeates both tunic and trousers, with the trousers being a darker variation. Designs blaze across the ends of the trousers and the hem of the shirt. It's high-collared, and the brass buttons that travel down its length have been carefully molded and styled. A half-cape completes the outfit, a deep green that compliments the golden theme.

Customer specifications: none

Outfit sketch:

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 12:53:48 am by Mariana Xiechai »

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Commission Two
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 01:56:48 pm »
Outfit commissioned by: Melada
Intended wearer: Melada

Outfit description: This piece was clearly made to value form over function. Its primary coloring is a series of rich, dark blues, offset by a tinted grey-gold. The corset is stitched with it, as is the hood and cloak, the boots, and the long gloves. The embroidery on the cuffs of the gloves is slightly raised, made in a jagged geometrical shape, and in the left glove there is a slit where a small dagger might be artfully concealed. The half-mask, which is meant to cover the nose while leaving the mouth free, is a coordinated golden color, etched with a series of appealing curves. At the apex of the mask, to tie the outfit together, is a sapphire gemstone.

The corset lays over a mini dress that falls just at the ends of the intended wearer's thighs. It's pleated, so that it shifts around the wearer's legs when they walk.

Customer specifications: A mask to hide identity, leave some leg showing.
"I want to feel good in it!"

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 12:53:18 am by Mariana Xiechai »

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Commission Three
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 08:17:17 pm »
Outfit commissioned by: Oele (grudingly)
Intended wearer: Oele

Outfit description: More than anything, this ensemble seems to have been made with sturdy functionality in mind. There's a sweater knitted of what looks like woven ulbernaut fur, plush and warm, and dyed a burnt orange. A leather vest comes with it, presumably intended to hang over the sweater to lend a stylish flare. The pants match the vest, also leather, although of a more supple and flexible sort, lined on the inside with fabric for the purposes of warmth. All of the pieces of the outfit look like they've been made to fit comfortably, yet leave room for an adolescent girl to grow.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 12:51:04 am by Mariana Xiechai »

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Commission Four
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 12:49:59 am »
Outfit commissioned by: Anysu
Intended wearer: Anysu

Outfit description: This is the sort of evening gown one might expect to see on a Lady. It's made of satin, and looks almost watery in quality because of all of the blues arrayed. The designs in the torso and around the boat-neck collar go with the ones stitched into the bottom. It's floor-length, and the sleeves are cut off at the elbows, with an excess of fabric left there to keep the flowing appeal.

Customer specifications: "I like blue."

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Commission One
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 01:40:08 am »
Roled has made the cover of Dermorian's Quarterly with Selicree's elvish suit! Thankee Illysia fer buying it for the hot mess Roled! Thanks Selicree for your talent!!  \\o//  :thumbup:

Outfit commissioned by: Illysia
Intended wearer: Roled

Outfit description: This was clearly made for special events, or for someone who wants to look good during everyday outings. The primary theme is a glinting gold color, which permeates both tunic and trousers, with the trousers being a darker variation. Designs blaze across the ends of the trousers and the hem of the shirt. It's high-collared, and the brass buttons that travel down its length have been carefully molded and styled. A half-cape completes the outfit, a deep green that compliments the golden theme.

Outfit sketch:

"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Commission Five
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 07:29:46 pm »
Outfit commissioned by: Sacho
Intended wearer: Sacho

Outfit description: The overcoat and pants of this suit is made of tanned velnishi hide. The insides of each are lined with black satin, to make it more comfortable. A mantle of ulbernaut fur hangs across the overcoat's shoulders, for the purposes of warmth. There is an undershirt of delicately polished and washed riverling hide, which is likewise lined in satin, but blue rather than black. To further tie the trousers to the rest of the ensemble, the belt is also riverling hide, and more hide has been laid across the trouser's ends. The stylistic choices on this piece reflect crystal way: A light glyph has been embroidered on either side of the overcoat, and the belt buckle is clearly meant to be a crystal glyph. The outfit is not meant to be sturdy and clearly is intended for special occasions.

Customer specifications: "Make something you think would suit me."

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:47:04 pm by Mariana Xiechai »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: The Tailor
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 08:34:51 pm »
Go Mariana for turning out outfits so fast. :thumbup:

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Commission Six
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 11:15:46 pm »
Outfit commissioned by: Prreta
Intended wearer: Prreta

Outfit description: There is an elegant simplicity about this piece. The neckline hangs just off the shoulders, leaving them bare. Along the neckline are a series of carefully threaded pearls, that are adhered to the dress's light black silk. There's another, matching layer of them just above the waist, and a small pattern, done in silvery weave to tie the pearls together, is embroidered between the two lines. The skirt of the dress is longer on one side than the other, exposing some of the left leg more than the right, but not enough to detract from a sense of class.

Customer specifications: "Let's see what you can do with black silk and black pearls!"

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 11:18:17 pm by Mariana Xiechai »

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 11:30:22 pm »
Go Mariana for turning out outfits so fast. :thumbup:

Blame boredom.  ;D

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Commission Seven
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 11:19:02 pm »
Outfit commissioned by: Ecthion
Intended wearer: Ecthion

Outfit description: The most decorated, and perhaps the centerpiece of this outfit is the green-dyed leather vest. It has a vine, leafing pattern on the right and left side, respectively, and is held closed with a series of polished golden buttons. There's a deep red, silk undershirt to go, as well as black silk pants. To go with the ensemble, a small cloak of treated ulbernaut hide is tied about the shoulders, and clasped with a golden leaf, likely to tie in with the theme of the vest.

Customer specifications: "I'd like a leaf pattern to match the ruined vest I have now."

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Commission Eight
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 11:47:30 pm »
Outfit commissioned by: Melada
Intended wearer: Melada

Outfit description: Golden undergarments. Oo la la.

Character specifications: "I need matching underwear. Scandelous.  :-X."

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Commission Nine
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 07:10:59 pm »
Outfit commissioned by: anonymous
Intended wearer: anonymous

Outfit description: It was clearly made with the intent to intimidate people. The exterior is entirely velnishi scales, carefully cut individually and then pasted over a length of sturdy rivnak hide. They've been colored a dull, muted grey. The outfit opens up in the back with a series of clasps that are artfully concealed in the scaling. The mask-piece looks to have a permanent scowl, with black fabric over the eyes that appears opaque to onlookers but which can be viewed through by the wearer. The mouth is open a snarl, juts slightly from the face, and is reinforced by plaster. The teeth inside of it are also velnishi, as are the claws at the ends of the hands and feet. There is enough cushioning built in to hide gender and the general build of the wearer, but it's also somewhat cumbersome and would likely restrict rapid pivoting of the torso. Held within the cushioning is a single pocket, a slit, hollow space also hidden by the scaling, in which something might be concealed.

Character specifications: "I want to be Yliakum's Godzilla." "I'm starring in the new Jurassic Park."

"Make me a lizard suit that hides my race and gender."

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 11:19:55 pm »
Outfit commissioned by: Ilase
Intended wearer: Ilase

Outfit description: This is a particularly well made "daily wear" sort of ensemble. The shirt is sturdy silk, and the pants are lined with silk as well, though the exterior is supple leather. The overcoat, or rather a low-hanging duster, is also leather, but lined on the inside with ulbernaut fur for the purposes of warmth. All but the shirt are earthy tones, though the duster is lined with silver buttons. The shirt is a deep, bluish purple color.

Character specifications: "I need a new everyday ensemble. I like silk."

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Commission Nine
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 05:22:58 am »
Outfit commissioned by: anonymous
Intended wearer: anonymous

Outfit description: It was clearly made with the intent to intimidate people. The exterior is entirely velnishi scales, carefully cut individually and then pasted over a length of sturdy rivnak hide. They've been colored a dull, muted grey. The outfit opens up in the back with a series of clasps that are artfully concealed in the scaling. The mask-piece looks to have a permanent scowl, with black fabric over the eyes that appears opaque to onlookers but which can be viewed through by the wearer. The mouth is open a snarl, juts slightly from the face, and is reinforced by plaster. The teeth inside of it are also velnishi, as are the claws at the ends of the hands and feet. There is enough cushioning built in to hide gender and the general build of the wearer, but it's also somewhat cumbersome and would likely restrict rapid pivoting of the torso. Held within the cushioning is a single pocket, a slit, hollow space also hidden by the scaling, in which something might be concealed.

Character specifications: "I want to be Yliakum's Godzilla." "I'm starring in the new Jurassic Park."

"Make me a lizard suit that hides my race and gender."

This is a gem LOL. Remember to tuck, boys and girls.. tails can be rather unsightly when in Velnishi skin. :)