Author Topic: Mouseclick aint working, crashes, no shortcuts in bar and movement mode  (Read 1789 times)

Gaheris

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Since yesterday, i got some strange issues with PS.
Mouseclick isn't working while ingame. It does work while loading and selecting characters.
But once in the game, i cannot select items, NPC's, etc. (It does work with the /target in chat).
The shortcut bar doesn't show any items, not even the boxes. After selecting for example the training dummy in the arena and attacking it, the game will crash after about 10 seconds. And i always start in first person mode, never in the 3rd person follow, i normally use. Even not after leaving the game 'normal'.
So this make it currently impossible to play PS for me.
I reinstalled PlaneShift, but that didn't solve anything.
Regards,
Gaheris Silverhair
Commander in Iron Claw
http://planeshift.teamix.org/myplane/profile/Gaheris_Silverhair/

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
For starters, I am assuming the game was working pretty recently for you. Did you load any updates? What platform are you using (Win, Mac, Linux)?

Never seen anything like this myself, but from a troubleshooting perspective I would suspect something with the permissions of the folder where PS settings are stored. In Linux that would be in .PlaneShift within your home folder (~/.PlaneShift), for other platforms perhaps someone else could step in to help with whrere they are located.

Anyway, I would try clearing that folder and all its contents entirely (note that it contains everything, including your logs, so you may wish to create a backup at some safe place first) or renaming it so PS can no longer find it, then starting the game and configuring it (you must make sure to properly set the graphics settings at least). If that works, you can then try to restore the contents of individual files, like your shortcut bar settings.

Gaheris

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Hi Migg, been able to fix it myself yesterday, but you were pretty right.

I renamed the Planeshift folder in appdata/roaming to Planeshift.old and after that everything worked.
Then copied all files back, except the (new fresh) ones already there. Only had to rebuild my shortcuts, since that file was empty.
Regards,
Gaheris Silverhair
Commander in Iron Claw
http://planeshift.teamix.org/myplane/profile/Gaheris_Silverhair/