Author Topic: Alignments  (Read 1682 times)

dark_blayde

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Alignments
« on: March 13, 2002, 10:50:35 pm »
Will there be any alignments on Planeshift, cause i think it would be cool to have wars like good versus evil. man that would be tight...  :D

Weitang

• Traveller
    • View Profile
-_- im sure there will be
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2002, 04:41:52 am »
I\'m almost positive that there will be different alignments between races/classes and such.  Just the though of everybody being good in the game is boring..  There would be a system of alignments if there were theives and such anyhow. :)

Nu Sham

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2002, 07:26:30 am »
wars between races could be cool.. i mean.. if there is a backbone to this game, a story (maybe there is i was just too lazy to read it... ) then it makes sence that 1 race is at war with another race..
maybe we could have this.. there is something going on behind the sences, and all the races are in war or in peace with another all the time.. what i mean is that we\'re just the humble species of this race, and the leaders of each race decides on wars or something between the races..
this means we could all live peacfully as one race, until one day, this other race turns evil to us..

wait it would suck not to know why the races went evil on each other.. maybe the goverment people (players themselfs) could declare wars on races.. each race will have to have some1 in the goverment to repusent it.... i dont know.. that kinda takes out the whole clan idea..

ok this was a long meaniningless post.. im an idiot =)

Born to fight, Trained to kill,
Ready to die, But never will !

Leader Of BDS, GDC.

meket

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2002, 08:56:51 am »
race wars would be stupid.

i remeber a thread long ago that everyone wanted to have 4 chars. per account. for the sole purpose of trying different races...if everyone is 4 diff races woundlt that seem foolish to have race wars?

should keep wwars between guilds.

Cyonamie

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2002, 10:10:54 am »
FACTIONS

i know this is ripping a lot out of everquest, but factions are good things.  like the evil race the dark elf, has horrible factions with good races,  but if he slays like 600 gnolls, he could stroll right into town without anyone caring, it is like alignment but MUCH more detailed, making it so one race might be sour wiht you, while another offers you a palace for the night:).

this is like the fifth time i posted about it.

-cyo-

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2002, 10:41:34 am »
You don\'t choose an alignment, its just the way you act. Even in \'evil\' races, there are exeptions. I don\'t think alignments are going to be race-bound, or that you are going to have to \'choose\' an alignment. It\'s just the way you act.

Hmmm I\'m repeating myself  :))
« Last Edit: March 15, 2002, 08:26:28 am by ParaSite »
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2002, 10:58:52 am »
yep i agree with parasite.
and maybe there are gonna be race wars dunno bout it.
but just visit this

Weitang

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Errr
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2002, 03:08:40 pm »
Umm, has anyone played DAoC?  Gee, I thought someone might have..  In DAoC, there is realm wars, which holds a couple of different races/classes in each realm and you can battle in a neutral land.  You can take over other peoples towers and stuff..  Since there are realm wars, you can only pick 1 realm to play on per server, so you cannot be in the other realm and spy and attack other different realms all the time.  This brings me to PS, maybe you can pick a certain alignent race and not be able to play the other one unless your account has nobody created on it.  You would have to play on another server to play on the other alignment, for spying and other puposes.

meket

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2002, 06:12:01 pm »
never heard of that game.

and as parasite said...alighnment is determined by YOU, not waht race u choose.

i believe the bad alighned wont be too welcoem in cities...so u cant really make races bad to start off with.or else it would just suck really bad.

Cyonamie

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2002, 04:24:57 pm »
DAoC=Dark Ages of Camelot

Weitang

• Traveller
    • View Profile
-_-
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2002, 08:28:43 am »
Not everybody will start in one particular city hopefully.  The \"bad\" races if there are any, would start out in their own city most likely.  Anyways, it was just a suggestion type of thing, got sorta off topic hehe ^_^.  Anyways, I do think that alignments should be depended apon ones actions, but I also do think that for roleplayings sake, that \"bad\" races start with a lower faction then the \"good\" races.  Both should be able to work their factions up or down acording to their own actions towards others.

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2002, 02:26:31 pm »
i allready posted an idea about evil cities. but more of a heavily guarded castle with a market place in the courtyard. But this market should sell evil stuff and such.

Dumb Woob

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2002, 04:45:36 pm »
uhh... ninkwi i\'venever sen an evil cities post and i keep the forums pretty well browsed...

gwydion2

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2002, 01:14:53 am »
I think your alignment (good/evil) should change by anything you do. If you help people (healing spells) or if you attack someone for no reason.
This way, if you are evil, the NPC\'s for example, would ask higher prices or something. And if you are good, monsters would attack you more.
Well, maybe this isn\'t balanced very well, but I\'m just giving examples.

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2002, 04:01:16 am »
Not everybody will start in one particular city hopefully.

Um from what I read everyone will start in Yliakum, the main city, Sorta like Baldurs Gate :).
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.