Author Topic: [gasp]We Will ALL be Noobs [/gasp]  (Read 3234 times)

Adeli

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
[gasp]We Will ALL be Noobs [/gasp]
« on: June 24, 2004, 09:29:00 am »
did you realise that when CB is released, we will all be \'noobs\'

Who will you slander now?

I like Red Jelly Beans!

Androgos

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 09:40:52 am »
Not all will be noobs :rolleyes:

Altharion

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 09:46:19 am »
yeah, the team will play test it and tweak it and maybe later they will have a larger tester team of known members and GM\'s.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 05:39:23 pm »
I will never be a noob, ever, in any game. I\'ve proved this by mastering three trees on SWG and getting a full suit of composite armour on the free trial. (Which is like the best you can do in the game) :D So I\'m gonna do similar in CB. :D So hah!

SaintNuclear

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 07:24:17 pm »
Originally posted by Adeli
did you realise that when CB is released, we will all be \'noobs\'

You\'re confusing \'newb\' and \'noob\', noob.
September 23rd, 2004 19:52:38 UTC
<+Grakrim> I have a legal copy of Windows XP Pro.

October 19th, 2004 24:43:02 UTC
I have copies of [Windows] 3.1, 3.11, 95, and 98, too. Not to mention various versions of MS-DOS

koslo

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004, 08:16:07 pm »
Originally posted by Xordan
I will never be a noob, ever, in any game. I\'ve proved this by mastering three trees on SWG and getting a full suit of composite armour on the free trial. (Which is like the best you can do in the game)

wow congrats!!! you uber gamer. oh btw that can be done in 6 hours

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 08:39:44 pm »
In order to have n00bs in a game there has to be something to measure against, ie. Exp, level, length of playing.  And since PS has nothing at the moment the only way to gauge who is a n00b or not is by how long they have been here.  When CB comes out, those people who have been here for a short period of time will still be n00bs and those who have been here for years will still be olbies.

Therefore, Adeli, we will not be n00bs.

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 11:48:47 pm »
*grins at Xordan*

Finally..^^

Noobs why must you even bring that up! YOU ADELI shall be torn inside out by my sword and left for the scavenger noobs to steal your armor! ^^

josephoenix

• IRC Op
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2004, 12:03:46 am »
To be classified as a n00b, there must be 3 things...
1) a new player who makes loud, partially intelligible, questioning noises out his rear end in search of as of yet unimplemented features
2) fellow new players who are quite adept in the use of the correct orifice for producing speech who tell them to bugger off
3) experienced players, who use their uber-sword to remove your head (\"Yet it still keeps talking! Well, I think that\'s speech anyway...\" ) and make them feel distinctly n00b-like

So, no, Adeli, we will not be n00bs, but new players. New players can be nice, but n00bs are thoroughly obnoxious. Since you have so insulted me, I, as the self-proclaimed server admin of a nonexistent server, will use my uber sword and disembowl you in the middle of a non-PvP area (don\'t ask, its just my leet p0werz)

josePhoenix

If this post causes any medical conditions, please take up the matter with your cat. Well, you seem to believe the cat is a substitute for both an opthalmologist and psychiatrist!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 12:05:03 am by josephoenix »
Sir John Falstaff: "Let the skie raine Potatoes: let it thunder, to the tune of Greenesleeues"

Xordan

• Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2004, 04:24:57 am »
Originally posted by koslo
wow congrats!!! you uber gamer. oh btw that can be done in 6 hours

You\'re saying that mastering artisian, smuggler, and weaponmaker can be done in 6 hours.... that\'s a very n00bish comment indeed, as it\'s impossible, even with the help of macros.

karakth

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2004, 06:24:13 am »
All this talk of 1337 sword disembowling is quite worrying. Whatever happened to RP? Most likely people are going to go  power-crazy and start \"levelling\" like there\'s no tomorrow.

While people like me (?) who want to RP a decent alchemist will be left washed up metaphorically on the shore.

Or will people do as they do now and say, \"\'Tis just another tech demo. We\'ll RP when the full version comes out...\" -_-

Sorry, but this release scares me.
~Karakth, Arcane Loremaster of the Arcane Order.

Xordan

• Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2004, 07:40:25 am »
Oh, but ub3r sword disembowelling is rp\'ing, as we\'re rp\'ing bloodthirsty fighters. Every fighter in rl loved to go on a boar hunt. :) If you rp an alchemist, then you\'re still \'levelling\' except you\'re doing it without the bloodspilling. I\'ll probably be an alchemist as well, as I enjoy making potions in my lab, and selling them in a little corner stall as much as I enjoy blasting monsters. :) Without the fighters, you\'ll be out of a job ;)

karakth

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2004, 07:54:53 am »
Hah, plz.

There\'s more to PS than pointless levelling. What about the plots? The intrigue? All the bickering in the guilds forum will have to go ingame now, hopefully :D

And I don\'t mean by launching a new guildwar every two minutes. I mean the intrigue being RPed.
~Karakth, Arcane Loremaster of the Arcane Order.

Xordan

• Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2004, 08:36:22 am »
lol, the plots can only hold upto so many people. In most RPG\'s only a small fraction of people follow plots. These are your true \'heros\' and \'villians\'. Everyone else are the general ignorant public peasants :D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 08:36:40 am by Xordan »

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2004, 01:52:54 pm »
An \"ignorant, public\" peasant can be very fun to RP actually. My thoughs go to the witch-burner crowd from Monthy Pythons \"The quest for the holy grail\".

\"We\'ve found a witch, may we burn her?\"

One of the best things with MMORPGs is that you can play as a commoner for a change. Live out your dreams with a sword, or a fishing-rod, It doesn\'t matter. The important thing is that you\'re having fun while doing it.
I\'m sure we will see a lot of RP in CB. Just take a look at the forums for example. Many players and guilds already focus on roleplay, and I think that\'s great. This game will be very RP-friendly, so I don\'t think you\'ll have to worry too much about that Karakth.  :)

And also...

The best way to make people RP, is to RP. 8)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 03:02:02 pm by Fanomatic2000 »

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".