Author Topic: Illysia's Render Gallery  (Read 21020 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Illysia's Render Gallery
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2008, 02:09:20 am »
HIya! I've got something to post finally. As Illysia(the character) is a cook and often entertains, I suggested as a new feature plates as containers. Now it may be a while before anyone gets around to trying to code that, but I got an idea for the interface. I did a quick photoshop concept art thingie.  :D

The squares are slots for food items so that when a person examined the plate, they could see what food is "on" the plate, and the person cooking can arrange the dish how they want.(i.e. grilled kikiri with applesauce) This would allow more freedom and creativity when arranging dishe;s as to make a dish now, you have to strictly follow the recipe for that dish.. The slots don't look very good but that's because I blatantly ran out of ideas by that point.  :-[

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2008, 06:27:19 am »
I am very impressed Illysia. You are very talented. I like the plate a lot. If we had such things in game I wonder if they could be personalized to a family or maybe even a guild. Then they can get handed down from generation to generation. Great work Illysia.
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards

Eathon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2008, 07:47:50 am »
I have to say I'm not very artistic, but these seem like great work.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2008, 01:37:11 am »
Thanks you two.

@Mathy: Honestly, I don't know if it is possible to have more than one container interface. For instance, the furnace, wooden bowl, and sack all use the same container window. It would be nice to diversify it be who know if you can....  ???

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2008, 03:05:47 am »
The ornament is so impressive... did you learn at the Meissen porcellaine manufacture? ;)

Arranging a meal from several simple ingredients would indeed be interesting. I have only basic experience in cooking and already know that it is rather technical than intuitive. Yet...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2008, 03:12:41 am »
this reminds me Pizza Tycoon ;D You had that pizza in front of you and you were smashing at it lots o ingredients. Cou;ld be fun in PS

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2008, 09:03:02 am »
Arranging a meal from several simple ingredients would indeed be interesting. I have only basic experience in cooking and already know that it is rather technical than intuitive. Yet...

It is very technical so far but I know it doesn't have to be. The recipe for mixed nuts proves that. It gives you a guide, but there is more than one ingredient combination that make it. And as for the ornamentation, Thanks.  :-[ 

I found a plate online with a gold border so I did that. Then I though it would look better rimmed with gold on the out side. The Red part was a last minute addition and it didn't go around the plate as well as I wanted. There is a spot where it doesn't line up like it does around the rest of the plate. The borders were the hard part. I had to practically hand place each piece of it. The gold border took the longest time.

this reminds me Pizza Tycoon ;D You had that pizza in front of you and you were smashing at it lots o ingredients. Could be fun in PS

Well, this would be mostly for holding complete parts of a meal. Like a plate with morning bread, scrambled eggs, crumbled cheese for the eggs) and maybe mashed joopiner berries. The scrambled eggs and morning bread are complete, but the mashed joopiner berries and crumbled cheese could be used in other recipes.

Maybe in the very middle of the plate there should be a textbox that would work like a little book. It would allow you to describe the meal on the plate and it's arrangement. This would be nice for classy, sit down meals for RPers.

I'm considering doing a matching glass container so when we have more drinks you can organize glasses instead of the bottle it comes in. :)

Lolitra, Celorrim Purrty Twins

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • THE ROYAL HOUSE OF PURRTY
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2008, 02:52:39 pm »
Lolitra puts in an order for a crockery set for the Royal House.
Her Royal Highness Lolitra Hollinthy Purrty nods regally 'I am delighted to meet you' her tiara twinkles in the crystal light.
[had to remove my signature - as the image host lost it!!!!]

Kieve

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Creative Hack
    • View Profile
    • KRS MediaWorks
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2008, 11:16:11 am »
* Kieve looks over his shipping list, finding a dizzying array of wares to process *

Great stuff, Illysia!

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2008, 11:33:12 am »
*giggles*

Now all we have to do is figure out how to get this stuff to work in game somehow.  ;)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2009, 03:07:06 pm »
Whew... it's been about 2 months since my last post here.  :o Good thing you can't get locked out of your threads after 2 months.

Anywho, as I liked Baldur's Bradley so much, I drew him a little friend. Her name is Emmy.

As this is also the 100 post to my gallery, I made a celebratory pic.

Thanks for taking an interest in my artz.  ^_^

Kieve

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Creative Hack
    • View Profile
    • KRS MediaWorks
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2009, 03:50:08 pm »
* Kieve cheers for Emmy *

Hehe, the 100 kind of looks like "j00"

Wonder how many other people are going to think that, now that I've said it? :)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2009, 10:25:42 pm »
Well time to resurrect my thread here. I think I'll post a progress pic of my latest project *cough*for the last several months*cough* I've been working on a new pic of Zandral. I shiver as I look at the old pic so time for an update. Maybe if people poke me about it from time to time I won't keep forgetting about it.  ;D Anywho, here it is. As most of the clothing has not been finished, so I cropped the pic so that we don't lose the guys to La la land.  ;)

And as a reference for how far I've come from the other pic...*cringes*

Please overlook the jpgs' quality... they aren't really that bad in the original file.  ;D

While I'm at it I might as well pay a late tribute to the artwork that get me arting again awhile back... This will kill Baldur but oh well, He'll have to find a way to live with it.  ;) He came up with the cutest little character named Bradley. He may not care for me being inspired by such a simple character to go and make more simple characters but oh well. I love bradley so I made characters based off him and my own rendition of him. For those of you who don't know Bradley look here: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=23933.msg397947#msg397947 Isn't he the cutest little orange thing?  :D Below are my version of Bradley and Winston who is Emmy's (see two posts above) cat... He love sleeping.

Timmothy Perriwinkle

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • I see u lookin' at mah Periwinklez.
    • View Profile
    • The Depot that's also a Warehouse
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2009, 11:16:09 pm »
No boobies = No happy otr :(

[12:05am] XilliX: I <3 you that much

Zephan

• Traveller
  • Got freedom to choose, better make the right move
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2009, 01:01:29 am »
Well time to resurrect my thread here. I think I'll post a progress pic of my latest project *cough*for the last several months*cough* I've been working on a new pic of Zandral.

I love the expression on her face and in the pose. :D Hope you continue to do more like this.
~ Zephan Cystennin, Dermorian Huntsman ~

"Think with your brain and not with your blades."