Author Topic: Illysia's Render Gallery  (Read 21044 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Illysia's Render Gallery
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2009, 01:14:04 am »
@Timmothy: A happy otr means something is very very wrong.  :P

@Zephan: Maybe maybe there will be others... This kind of picture takes a lot of effort... Honestly even the two characters at the bottom took a decent amount of work but then again that what I get for doing them in illustrator.  ;D We shall see what I can give myself a kick to go and art up.  ;)

Liza

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2009, 01:25:43 am »
wow! zandral looks really pretty!
goregous work Illysia : )

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2009, 03:50:12 am »
Thank you.  :D Funny enough, it didn't come out half as nice as I had hoped. but oh well... I'm not quite as good as I had hoped either.  ;D

Baldur

• Veteran
  • Disillusioning since 1989
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2009, 06:06:03 pm »
Try to add some sharp details and perhaps some sharper details as well, like really work on the fur first and really work on making it natural, then after you've worked on that start focusing on the clothes and lastly on small details on the clothes and on the person. If you really want her to "live" then make the eyes as detailed as possible. What I do is I try to find different forms, not necessarily eyes which host that feeling and then I make up my own mind and draw it. Trust your instincts, so if something says stop then you got to listen to it. There's often a sidetrack beside that stopsign so you naturally slip in on that. That's why drawing's so amazing, it boils down to the decisions "stop" and "go" in the process.

You've got a good basic ground, now you've got to go into detail, and refine the forms. Make her less fuzzy and more "real".

Hope that helped some, good luck :P

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2009, 09:42:30 pm »
Thanks Baldur, good advice... just one problem... I have no idea how to do any of it.  ;D The fur is going to be really the hard part.  :( Let's just say there is a reason I like Bradley. Simplicity is my friend.  ;) But I guess if I've gone this far out of my comfort zone artwise, I can go a little bit farther.  :)

Baldur

• Veteran
  • Disillusioning since 1989
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2009, 10:19:37 pm »
Thanks Baldur, good advice... just one problem... I have no idea how to do any of it.  ;D The fur is going to be really the hard part.  :( Let's just say there is a reason I like Bradley. Simplicity is my friend.  ;) But I guess if I've gone this far out of my comfort zone artwise, I can go a little bit farther.  :)
It doesn't have to be hard, just take a deep breath and get to work :) You think I have any idea how to do a thing before I start experimenting with a multitude of solutions seeming unfitting at first. Just see the different areas I mentioned as parts and work on them as seperate drawings. Have fun, decorate it to splinters.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2010, 01:56:25 am »
*Blows off the dust from the thread and starts to cough*

Holy Cow it's been awhile since, I've been here... much less posted.  ;D Well time to add a new project that will need to be finished into the mix. With the addition of the new Dsar, I felt inspired to start work on an Enki village. This project, if completed :whistling: , will be the look of the village that Illysia grew up in. We'll see how far I get. So far I've got a work in progress Ultic. I only need to fix the texture in some places and add about two, dodges... *ahem* decorative features before I am finished with the standard ultic design for the village. Heck, I might have to work on the texture for the leather outside entirely. The ultic was done in Max 8 and is 270 triangles or 141 polys. The texture was done in Photoshop.

Update! Here's the finished ultic.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:32:39 pm by Illysia »

Xoel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2010, 08:32:11 pm »
Nice concept, could do with more geometry, such as bamboo supports etc.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2010, 10:28:33 pm »
Thank you. It has a lot support for an ultic of it's size, It's not terribly big, it's just that you can't see it all from the outside. It has wood for support for stylistic reasons instead of bamboo, it's tied to the backstory of the village. As I can, I will work on village elements and gradually construct the base models before actually assembling the village as it will be. Here's a few more elements.

Water Jug: 82 triangles, 44 polys

Spear: 40 triangles, 22 polys

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2010, 11:48:06 pm »
 It looks like there is a single dark face on the top. If you put it in the neck it's significantly less noticeable. 24 extra triangles too much?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2010, 02:43:34 am »
:o There's whisky in the jar, oh!

Well done, anyway. Nicely ornated. Pulling the neck in is probably recommendable - those will be mainly invisible triangles.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2010, 04:06:29 pm »
The top face is more of a perspective difficulty with the texture than anything. If you look from the top, it's suppose to look like you are looking down into the jar even though it is a flat face. If I wanted to try a geometry fix, I could do it in about 12 triangles but I try to keep simple items under 100 triangles. The 12 triangle fix might not do much good and would back it up against that limit. You can blame Karyuu for getting me in the habit of cutting down triangles. Shame she isn't around to see this stuff. :'(

And I dun think whiskey is suppose to be black Ligh. :o

Here's the latest prop, one of the weaver's carpets. Each profession will be basically centralized in a particular area with knick knacks of the trade decorating the place.

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2010, 04:29:21 pm »
* lilura sees the pretty carpet, sits down on it and falls asleep  :D

its pretty can i haz it??

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2010, 05:14:58 pm »
One carpet to go. ;D

By illysia at 2010-06-28

Shame all the detail was lost when I made the texture. Fortunately I save the PSD files of my textures too.

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2010, 06:18:36 pm »
 :love:

now all i need is someone to make a purple kran wig and force Talad to put it IG  :D

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.