Author Topic: Evil RP Advice/Guide  (Read 7241 times)

Colinb

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Evil RP Advice/Guide
« on: June 03, 2008, 08:40:07 pm »
Warning bad humor ahead!

I've compiled this guide with my two year plus experience and getting advice to write this guide. This is highly unbiased as possible to not start a flame war with our new uber 1337 friends. If any of our new friends wants a uber 1337 omg hax version feel free to contact. Also this guide will never be complete so feel free to add somthing along in your posts!
 Input is always welcome.

Disclaimer: By reading this sentence in funny bold letter words you hold me not in any way shape or form responsible for death due to  poor humor or any form of harm related to this article

Names
I am sick of Legolass , XxLegolassxX , XoXoLegolassoXoX, Legolassteh3rd, 0XSAURONX0, Chuck_Norris, Mr.1337, Mr.Anderson in other MMOS please have some imagination. Its not the name that makes you evil, its how you play it.
If you want to make a name that fits the settings dont use dark in your name either. Try to spend some time thinking it, at most give it two minutes, or you can use the name generator. If a fellow player sees a name like DarkGlassMan the chances of them RPing with you are going down the drain. If they run into Elroy Feros they may RP with you. The name is always the first impression.

Descriptions
Ah yes the fun part. It would be a wise idea to have two descriptions for a evil char, one for when he or she is evil and one when he or she is not.
Example: Char Description shorten for your enjoyment. This is what a good amount use, I used it when I was in TOY and got away with it.

Character Mode: Evil
Evil: A dark figure wearing a cloak and hood to conceal his identity
Good: A friendly looking Xacha with a happy grin and charming aura around him. He looks like the type you'd spend days chatting with.

Another side note, avoid using pale skin and glowing red eyes... It isnt quite fitting with the settings, on the other hand if your a Xacha they are pale and therefore you can get the evil look with bloodshot eyes! And transformations from what I have read aren't possible sorry Vampire and werewolf lover not in this game.

Etiquette

Alright this is when common sense comes into play. Would you rob a person in the middle of a plaza in real life? Please use some common sense especially when starting tavern fights in front of the guards outside. And also be fair and roll its not that hard agree on a number with your target and ask permission we dont need another guild house theft incident.

Example: At least give it a try like this

Newbie: [Hey can I try and pickpocket you?]

Player : [Hehe sure!]

Newbie: [So what number we roll to 1-49 YAY L007 for me nub! and 50-99 OMG I LOST HAX!?]

Player: [Uhh... Sure]

REMEMBER! To get you must give! You cant play god only the Devs and GMs can! Therefore your a mere mortal in the world of Yliakum. So no you cant play ironman or Legolass with his mysterious quiver of endless arrows. When you play god the RP fight lasts for hours believe me I spent about 4 hours in a fight until I finally gave up because it was 3 in the morning! It is much more interesting when both players take a hit or two.

And so newbie and player finally coexisted...

Mentors!

This is highly suggested and deserves its own section because its dire its followed! The greatest thing you can do to relieve alot of stress is learning from a experienced player how to RP evily in PS and win! YES WIN! They can teach you alot, I was taught by Rethius AKA Listbard and we are still in contact learning from each other how to RP better. So prowl the guild forums and look for a guild that suits your devious needs; who knows you may be the next person spinning in that dark leather chair leading a bunch of bandits.

Thanks/References!

I'd like to thank these people for helping make this guide (NOT! It's to prevent lawsuits!)

Removed to spare them for being accused of assisting in making this not so funny post!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 08:54:59 pm by Colinb »

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
Re: Evil RP Advice/Guide
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 08:54:05 pm »
Why is pale skin against the settings?  ??? I mean... My skin's so pale is practically grayish white (lulz i a vampier), so it's got to be realistic...

Colinb

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 08:56:05 pm »
Times may have changed, back in 06 I got called a noob for doing it, I guess it might be acceptable but then again best left to Xillix to decide. I am not here to dictate, thanks for your input Raa {Fixed}
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 09:30:19 pm by Colinb »

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 09:02:06 pm »
*Ahem*

It's Raa, not Anarkia.  :P

Colinb

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 09:30:00 pm »
fine  :P

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 09:53:17 pm »
Question: What about characters that THINK they're vampires/werewolves? They don't have to call it that...

...personally, I'd IC'ly call them "lunatics" (but probably not to their faces). :P
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 10:27:32 pm »
They could think they are some kind of weird creature but they shouldn't refer to themselves with those terms since they don't exist in PS. Words like "dragon", "vampire", or "werewolf" have no meaning in character.

Colinb

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 05:52:59 am »
Well before I get slaughtered over the silliness I did it for good reason. I used psychological thinking, the mind will most likely pay more attention to a article that had a warning that said bad humor ahead, depending on the person view of bad humor it was spread out over the article to keep the reader hooked.

Shaman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 05:55:48 am »
I noticed there's too much full-body glowing going on in situations like this. Yesterday there were nearly all the colors of the rainbow in the tavern. One person was glowing blue, one glowed green, the other glowed a variety of colors from red, brown, blue, and black I think.

Colinb

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 06:04:26 am »
oh wow.....Hehe, I dont recall that being inline. As in physically or magically?

The Web

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 08:29:43 am »
It can be very fun to play evil characters.  One character I've seen has such a bad reputation that when he walks into the tavern everyone draws their weapons. Mostly because he was trying to rip someone's heart out. ::)

Camazotz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 10:43:50 am »
i has a better guide.... here's you go.

Don't create an evil rp.

there are too many currently.wait till it's quietened down a bit.
It's a well known fact that black cloaks are warmer than anything else.

Lolitra, Celorrim Purrty Twins

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • THE ROYAL HOUSE OF PURRTY
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 02:12:10 pm »
the depth of evil is relative to the recipiant. 
Her Royal Highness Lolitra Hollinthy Purrty nods regally 'I am delighted to meet you' her tiara twinkles in the crystal light.
[had to remove my signature - as the image host lost it!!!!]

Shaman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 02:12:50 pm »
oh wow.....Hehe, I dont recall that being inline. As in physically or magically?

Magically.

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 02:16:05 pm »
I noticed there's too much full-body glowing going on in situations like this. Yesterday there were nearly all the colors of the rainbow in the tavern. One person was glowing blue, one glowed green, the other glowed a variety of colors from red, brown, blue, and black I think.

I remember that. xD Made me desperately want to leave the situation...