Poll

Are the Dlayo Gladiators too strong?

Yes.
No.
I wish they looted snorks instead of fish.

Author Topic: Dlayo  (Read 4595 times)

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
Re: Dlayo
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2008, 01:08:53 am »
* Under the moon chuckles.

No more than players are willing to be told how to play.

Peanuts

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: I vote for body development
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2008, 01:46:39 am »
I didn't vote the only time I fought a dlayo was with my back towards him while talking to Gregori.

It is getting really dangerous to talk to him - today another dlayo was there and killed an unsuspecting victim.

I think you just jinxed me, dude - that's never happened to me before, and then five minutes ago I headed up to talk to Gregori and bam!    :sweatdrop:   Didn't even have a chance to react.

Part of me is tempted to suggest a useful nerfing of the Diayos would involve them having a limit on how far they can wander out of their area to prevent that sort of thing, but eh, it can't happen that often and it's not like I had big plans for the next half hour anyway.

Shaman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2008, 10:43:07 am »
Heh, "should" eh? "Hardly the kind of attitude" eh?

I think you are a sensible person, so . . .

Let's just say that how and when we release the things we make to the public remains our prerogative.

We learn as we go how players respond to certain things and this thread and my relenting to some player's concerns regarding the quarter staff are examples of how we may choose to alter a given course.

Nothing is slowed by when and how we distribute the assets we make.

None of the volunteers here are extremely eager to be told how to work.

I understand. :) I'm still new here, so I don't really know if this has been done in another sense (a new map only being unlockable if you have a certain strength level, or something of the sort, let's say), it just seems so far that new things are always off-limits to make them seem more special than they are. It's great the game's free and we have volunteers working to help speed along the process of getting out of alpha/beta, but unless it's some special weapon like the Excalibur, a simple quarterstaff and other items relating seem more sensible to be brought to the public instead of brought to the people trying to fight the hardest mob in the game (reserved for the Excalibur :P ).

neko kyouran

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2008, 10:54:19 am »
Hey Xilly,  you should get on those devs to build me a statue in game in honor of how awesome I am.

:devil:

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2008, 10:59:16 am »
Hey Xilly,  you should get on those devs to build me a statue in game in honor of how awesome I am.

:devil:

Neko, you really want a kitten statue in Yliakum?

And yes, I know...  :offtopic:

neko kyouran

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2008, 11:00:49 am »
You can make it one o' them special surprise thingies devs put in games they make..... ermmmm... easter eggs I thinks they are called!.   :whistling:

:lol:

Prolix

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2008, 11:20:41 am »
Well an Enkidukai statue might work, perhaps of the doctor who finally cures the plague.... neko philliac, is that his name??? or did I leave out an r....

Shaman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2008, 11:23:20 am »
Well an Enkidukai statue might work, perhaps of the doctor who finally cures the plague.... neko philliac, is that his name??? or did I leave out an r....

Haha, wow...that gave me a good laugh. ;D

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2008, 07:47:40 pm »
nothing changes till I get 100 votes

SerqFeht

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2008, 08:49:47 pm »
If you'd just let me vote 100 times we would't need to wait.  ;D

I like how tough the Daylos are now. But can they drop an item that would have value in the setting, such as a staff with an ornament, or a new shield, or something. I liked the idea of unique drops, but they need to be something actually valued.

Next, can they be more magic resistant or something. I've watched a few 'fights' against daylos by mages. They ran in circles and stopped only long enough to toss off a few spells.
Have you told a Daylo 'I hate you' yet today? Do it. You'll get teleported to another area!

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2008, 08:51:32 pm »
I fully advocate pvp against unsportsmanlike "mages"  :-X

Prolix

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2008, 09:13:01 pm »
Speaking of PVP does anyone really use that room for that purpose or is it just the dlayo killing ground? Maybe that would be a good poll.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2008, 11:43:01 am »
Maybe

Velh Krome

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2008, 06:50:56 am »
Okay, perhaps a little bit appearing to be offtopic on first sight now, but I think fitting enough for not seeing the need of creating a new separate thread.

Do you guys remember the times when you looted a weapon with a pre- or suffix in its name, and you were all excited to know whats it about, is it a stats booster or just has outstanding values? Does it have requirement? Enforced Rat's Claymore! Iron Long Sword of the Hero! Silverweave Dagger of Ways!
I do, long time since though! And I do quite with one eye whining.

Nowadays that complete type of weapon is all worthless, yep, the whole category of lootable weapons, except for some weirdos who collect "Owl's Daggers" or so - boosting Charisma+1 ? Intelligence+2? What the fridge, I will be using me supatuffarse 300ers I bought for 5k the pair!
There is no boost out there reasoning any use of such stuff, the more since crafted weapons are flooding the place at prices even newbies can afford them right from the start! Yes, except for those certain Strength boosters, which in return provide an extraordinary boost-value that you can indeed notice when in use!

My suggestion:
Adjust all the boosts currently available - and I mean, adjust them making them more extreme! Who gives a hey on .. +1? Make it +5 to +20! Add a "Weaponskill +10" and such, Skill-boosters!
This could bring back a good dosage of excitement to the game, not to mention its a good approach to prevent having that weapon-type buried! Its easy to implement!

Heck what I am talking on, you already got it..
As for the topic, Dlayos then would drop the weapons with max-boosters, while weak rogues would occasionally drop the low ones.

PS: Phew, now I do feel better=P

edit: corrected a typo
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 06:52:44 am by Velh Krome »

Quq Leque

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • www.thewarriorsguild.nl
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2008, 06:37:45 am »
Well it's not that off-topic. I think most people only combat the Dlayo because of the slim chance they drop a rare loot. I rarely see anyone or group trying to take them on solely because they pose a challenge. And 'never' for the cutthroats for that reason (leather armor isnt that appealing to risk certain death for).