Author Topic: Adding Crime into PS  (Read 4646 times)

Rigwyn

Re: Adding Crime into PS
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 12:21:28 pm »

I don't see a problem with a theif running away in order to evade being caught, they he/she/kra should definitely play out any consequences if caught. ( The chase is part of the fun )

Regarding guards and freezing:

An ordinary player with maxed BW could probably kill someone from across the plaza with flying stones. A guard who can freeze you from  a similar distance isn't that much different. As long as they do so using only IC info and keep it realistic I don't really see a problem.

Regarding GM RP:

Some guards RP quite well. I recently had a run in with a few guards as Rigwyn and was accused of some pretty nasty things - all of which were quite true.  :sorcerer: I even confessed in brackets in main right in front of them. Rig won the argument (ICly) and was let go  \\o//.  Perhaps the next time you see a guard wandering through town, try talking to them  as you would any other character - same for other blue-label characters that you encounter.

Falcon Avian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 12:46:50 pm »
It isn't like guards are running around freezing people every day. Heck my guard character has never frozen a criminal yet. There is a lot of crime going on that the guards aren't doing anything about.

I guess it was Marathal then who froze me on BD road then?  ;)

I have an ego so large it has it's own gravity. So in short, yes, everything does revolve around me.

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 04:17:07 pm »
It isn't like guards are running around freezing people every day. Heck my guard character has never frozen a criminal yet. There is a lot of crime going on that the guards aren't doing anything about.

I guess it was Marathal then who froze me on BD road then?  ;)

My guard character wasn't on line so my statement above is correct  :-*

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 05:14:03 pm »
i really think gms should never be able to roleplay, at least not when they're doing the whole gm thing. i don't know how it works. but still, people have jobs, and they should do them. i'm a hardass about that.  :P

guards do abuse their freeze power. i've heard/seen it too many times. it's reasonable within a couple meters of a perp, but across the city is godmoding, even just around the corner. compare those pimp staffs to taser guns. you can hit the perp from maybe 5m, but it's still unlikely since he'd be trying to escape.

if the criminal doesn't want to cooperate by rping, roleplayers can't do much about it. so, that's why i think players should have some guard abilities. sounds weird, but roleplay is very restricted in planeshift. i remember reading about the game and all the stuff your character is capable of doing, but it all seems like a lie now. players have no ability to amount to anything but average citizens... boooring

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 05:22:56 pm »
i have a great idea here, instead of guards casting a spell for freazing, there should be a type of staff they can hit a player with that will freaze them, and they then talk or whatever, then there is a second staff they can hit someone with that will telepor t them to jail
that way not only gm alts can be guards, but they can recruit other people as guards as well...someone responsible of course..

and i disagree with sarass, gm's SHOULD be allowd to RP, since you CANT see the name above there head IC'ly they can simpoly change heir name and play as a person....so IC'ly there is no way they dont exist, they can just rp as diffrent people.

and personally id prefer it if more gm's could get hired and more gm events could go off, the events by them are prolly the funnest thing around lately...
especially since ulbers are way over powered
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 11:35:00 pm »
i just meant gms shouldn't be able to rp during their shifts (if they have that). they can roleplay, just not on gm accounts. those should only be reserved for big events. really big events. like events that affect settings and the future of yliakum and such.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 08:47:04 pm »
if gm's couldnt rp on their shift, nobodywould want to be a gm, the whole point of being a gm is keeping people in order, and also adding to the environment, f the only things gm's could do is huge crap that adds to yliakums history, then they would never get to rp at all...the game is more focused on getting bugs fixed then furthering along the history,
its just not fair to say a gm cant help with the rp, some things gm's can do that normal players cant, thats somthing that we really need somtimes for RP.
so i have to disagree with sarras, and im sure most other people would disagree as well
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy

Abuse?

Rigwyn

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 09:11:46 pm »
Just curious Sarras, what do you have against gm's rping ( when they are a guard or ble label character) ?

Obviouslu rping as a yellow label gm character makes no sense since they are ooc entities.. But the blue lable characters
Are in fact in character entities.

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 01:28:16 am »
when people have jobs, they do them. no goofing around. sure, you can have fun when you're not working, but when you are you should be working, not having fun. i don't like this idea that it's "unfair" for gms to be unable to roleplay. that's just childish. "creating a better environment" does not mean roleplaying. it means ridding of rulebreakers and pests on planeshift. they're moderators, not players. there's a huge difference.

Durgrem

• Game Masters
  • Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 05:45:37 am »
GMs who are moderating don't RP, but stay invisible. However, there are times when there is no work waiting and there are several GMs ingame. This could be one situation when GMs decide to leave the moderating work for a little and go on patrol as guard. Or try to catch someone who is wanted.
So, you should distinguish between guarding and moderating - and also distinguish doing events from those two. These tasks don't get mixed.

Durgrem

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 08:59:56 am »
I'll just point out that putting on events, which involve the GMs running characters and thus role playing those characters, is part of the job of the GM. So when a GM is role playing a character as part of an event, and an event can be everything from simply running a character who adds some local color to the game to some large complicated plot that rewards  nice items to the involved players, they are doing their job per the job description of the GM position.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 07:17:55 pm »
Sarras really doesnt understand....
im friends with enough GM's to know for a fact
1 GM guard alts ARE SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR RP
2 as  GM character, they have the ability to change nameds, they then usually have gm events, which are usually ALWAYS planned ahead of times
3 they can teleport, so obviously they can teleport and deal with any reports they get, when sombody reports sombody
which is why /report is so important,
4 somtimes GM's have to blend in as normal Chars. and rp with the people nearby when they have to spy on sombody who they think might be doing things they have to deal with. can be the best way to do things somtimes
5 Gm's have a priority to dealing with petitions, /reports, and ooc talk in main they come across, and other things as this, when they arnt seing this they can do as they please
6 trouble makers are NOT always causing trouble, so gm's dont always have work to do, like sarras is implying, and gm's have and always will have, the right to interact with other players

whats childish, sarras, is you trying to say a GM cant have any fun,

Abuse?

Rigwyn

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 07:45:08 pm »

We should put a stop to all these slackass gm's having fun when they should be sitting there silently observing and eh.. Making report and pie charts....
Christ, its not like this is a game or something. :)

Lighten up sarras ;)

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2010, 05:21:45 pm »
earowo, don't blow it out of proportion. i'm entitled to my own opinions. and nothing you can say will change them.

Overtherainbow

• Hydlaa Resident
  • I see you lookin' at mah rainbowz.
    • View Profile
    • EBONWUMON DOT COM
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2010, 08:01:45 pm »
Sarras, the only one who seems to be blowing anything even to proportion much less out of it is you.