Author Topic: A New Crafting Guide  (Read 14135 times)

Baron Samedi

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: A New Crafting Guide
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 07:36:21 pm »
   I have read in other threads that eventually the "slash" rating and other stats may be done away with. I think that for crafted weapons, these could be replaced in a way that would make the crafted weapons much more interesting.....

Upon completion of a weapon, the weaponsmith should be able to name the sword. Before it is finished, the player should be able to name it "Stormbringer", "Clacker Whacker", or whatever....this would make the swords truly unique and add flavor.

Also, it would be neat if handcrafted weapons were "stamped", so that the player that created the sword would have his name on it, so any other player inspecting the sword would see who created it......just as artists and craftsmen in the real world initial, sign, or otherwise make their mark on their creations.

Ravenguard

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Stupid Demons
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 04:08:35 pm »
And the first person to name their sword 'N00b Pwnzor' will be shot.

I'm not so sure about names of 'normal' swords. If things were able to be enchanted whilst crafting, then perhaps, but not of the things made today.

And I thought crafted items did have the names on them; I still know who crafted my swords, as it says the name and guild they're in.

Baron Samedi

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 04:25:05 pm »
And the first person to name their sword 'N00b Pwnzor' will be shot.

I'm not so sure about names of 'normal' swords. If things were able to be enchanted whilst crafting, then perhaps, but not of the things made today.

And I thought crafted items did have the names on them; I still know who crafted my swords, as it says the name and guild they're in.

Yes, I did not know that at the time I posted, the swords have the crafter's name on it.

I agree that names for swords should be reserved for very special swords....perhaps they need some sort of enchantment on them..or maybe the "naming" is something that has to be considered while making the sword, if you want it to have a name, and require extra work.

Millian

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Be neutral.....be free...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 06:07:59 am »
 ??? i have a question where can i find the books i know it's from a quest but which quest
Calmness in the air

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 07:10:35 am »
??? i have a question where can i find the books i know it's from a quest but which quest

We have policies on the forum that will keep us from telling you that, you could try asking ingame.

Millian

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Be neutral.....be free...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 09:00:16 am »
ok thk i thing... :\
Calmness in the air

Bamko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2008, 05:24:20 am »
Help?

Read guide.  Spent 4+ hours in game trying to get to work... including asking for help from everyone ingame I could find, as well as irc.

I have the 'book of blades' in mind...
Trained on swordmaking and blacksmithing.  Both are still 0, but I can not get practice.. so will not rise...

tried doing all sorts of quantities.. no luck.  all 'heated'/   but when take to anvil, says I do not have skill to do this, whether trying to make sword handle, or sword.  tried short sword and sabre... no matter what I do can not get swordmaking or blacksmithing to rise... nor can I make swords... quality over 100...

please look me up ingame and help me?   or reply here... I will check back later....

I want to do some crafting... please help.. esp if you remember what you had to do to get to level 1... a lot of people have told me that I have to be level 1 to do that... but can not tell me how to get to level one.... since I cannot use anvil.

???

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2008, 06:12:11 am »
The quantities in this guide are outdated and no longer apply. Try using lower quantities and even ingots and see if you can do something with those. ;)
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

potatoehead64

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Multiply Blog Page
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 09:31:14 am »
Help?

Read guide.  Spent 4+ hours in game trying to get to work... including asking for help from everyone ingame I could find, as well as irc.

Trained on swordmaking and blacksmithing.  Both are still 0, but I can not get practice.. so will not rise...

tried doing all sorts of quantities.. no luck.  all 'heated'/   but when take to anvil, says I do not have skill to do this, whether trying to make sword handle, or sword.  tried short sword and sabre... no matter what I do can not get swordmaking or blacksmithing to rise... nor can I make swords... quality over 100...

please look me up ingame and help me?   or reply here... I will check back later....

I want to do some crafting... please help.. esp if you remember what you had to do to get to level 1... a lot of people have told me that I have to be level 1 to do that... but can not tell me how to get to level one.... since I cannot use anvil.

???

Are you making stock?

That will help with practice points. If not, continue to make ignots and remember to buy training.

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2008, 09:36:49 am »

Are you making stock?

That will help with practice points. If not, continue to make ignots and remember to buy training.

Negative potatoe, he is wanting to train these skills :) not mettallurgy. he has to make blades parts, not stocks or ingots ;) though you need ingots and stocks to make them :D
http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin

MustangMR

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 05:09:12 pm »
Well, I realize that you want us to figure out this stuff "in game", but there is a master blacksmith standing a few feet away at all times during the day.  Wouldn't it make sense that since he's nice enough to let me use all his stuff, that he might not just stand there and laugh at me wasting all my materials?  Couldn't we just ask him what the current recipes are?  At the very least sell us a book that has the current recipes in it and instructions in it.  At least for the beginning stuff.  He can hold his secrets for the really good stuff.

Takes time to put it all in, I know, but just a thought that would keep within the spirit of the game. 

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 02:41:54 am »
you seem to never had open your Working with Stocks Book Mustang  :lol: (right click on it to get the recipes)
http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin

MustangMR

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2008, 06:20:28 pm »
Oops. :)  Yes, I figured that out a while ago, but it doesn't tell me a lot of stuff either.  I've settled down a bit since I posted that too.  ::) 

I only have the book though because someone was nice enough to give me one.  I have still to figure out how to get it in game, and I've done a couple of the blacksmiths quests.  I know it's a quest, but I seem to be stuck in a chicken and egg situation.  Without the book, I wouldn't have been able to increase my metalurgy, but he wants me to do stuff that requires higher skill in metalurgy than I seem to be able to get on my own.  Only way I see to increase metalurgy is by working with stock, and only way to work with stock is to have the book.

Anyway, I'm sure there is an in-game solution and I have just missed it.  Everyone else seems to have done it, though I did find it strange that the person who gave me the book said they had two.  I never asked, but they might have gotten two the same way I will, one by gift and one by quest, implying there may be a chicken-egg problem?

Prolix

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 04:29:10 pm »
As far as I know those quests do not require you to do any smelting yourself in order to complete. I am pretty sure I never did but that was back when it was new and exciting.... ::|

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 06:45:03 pm »
As far as I know those quests do not require you to do any smelting yourself in order to complete. I am pretty sure I never did but that was back when it was new and exciting.... ::|

Right now there is no check to make sure the player got the requested items if they are not "quest items", so you can get ulber parts from the local merchant or a sword from a player in the arena the npc has no idea if you got them or not.